Filling Tier 8 Energy Core in Survival

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Ville Saari, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Ville Saari

Ville Saari New Member

I think I may actually do it:
    energycore.jpeg

This is in FTB Revelation.

LordPINE and Celestialphoenix like this.
  2. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

ooh nice. Very impressive if you can pull this off.
    Can you post some pics of your base?

3. Ville Saari

Ville Saari New Member

My base is at a time just a hole in a hill with lot of random junk inside but someone might be interested in how to produce over 400 billion RF per tick.

I did it by using the most unbalanced and overpowered mod in the pack: Career Bees:

48.jpeg
    A Career Bees Energy Bee with Robotic Speed gene in an Alveary with 10 Resilient Frames, one Healing Frame, one Metabolic frame and one Eternal Frame produces 2,123,366,400 RF/t. And I have 48 Alvearies in there. The frames are pulled out when they have one point of durability left, repaired by a bunch of Actually Additions item repairers and returned to service so that I don't need to constantly produce new frames.

I was worried that this many Alvearies and the infrastructure to recycle the frames would kill my frame rate, so I built it far away from my base in a different dimension:

1.jpeg

And when I had finished it, I used RFTools Builder to copy it to three other locations:

4.jpeg
    I also have two Energy Bees in Alvearies in my base, so I have 48 x 4 + 2 = 194 Energy Bees that produce 2.12 billion RF/t each for 411.933 billion RF/t total. It takes less than two weeks of real time to fill tier 8 Energy Core with that rate.

4. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

Economies of scale! :D Nice one!

5. Drbretto

Drbretto Popular Member

I've always wanted to do this but have never even come close. I never stay in a world long enough to do it. I shall live vicariously through you, hero.

400 Billion RF/t, that's just crazy!

LordPINE and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  6. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

Nice one!
    That was quite a clever solution, and those glass spheres full of bees look quite fancy.

LordPINE and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  7. Ville Saari

Ville Saari New Member

Getting close...

close.jpeg

8. Ville Saari

Ville Saari New Member

Done!

It was a bit of an anticlimax. I somehow expected the modder to punish anyone fool enough to fill it up with a base-leveling explosion or something ;)

Now what to do with this ridiculous amount of energy?

Tianyulong, JaRyCu, LordPINE and 2 others like this.
  9. GamerwithnoGame

Well done indeed! :)

I suppose the next question is...

...how fast can you empty it? :D

triggerfinger12 likes this.
  10. Ville Saari

Ville Saari New Member

There is a hard limit in how many Energy Pylons can fit in range of the core. I can insert practically unlimited RF/tick through a single pylon but it doesn't work the other way. Pylons can send and receive 2^31-1 RF per packet from each side but this works like the old IndustrialCraft wire mechanics: packet size is limited but many packets can be sent in the same tick.

My energy is produced in 194 Alvearies each producing about 2.12 billion RF/tick. Two Alvearies share a single Flux Plug, so the Energy is sent to the core by 97 Flux Plugs that each send about 4.25 billion RF/tick. I need two Flux Points at the Pylon to inject it. First one injects 2^31-1 RF and the second one injects the rest of the 4.25 billion and this happens 97 times every tick so the Core receives 411.933.081.600 RF/t split into 97 packets of 2^31-1 RF or less.

But the only way to make the core send a lot of packets in the same tick is to build a lot of Energy Pylons.

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  11. GamerwithnoGame

I thought that might be the case! The comment was partly in jest ;) But yeah - you may never empty that now!

12. Ville Saari

Ville Saari New Member

Never say never - I turned off the production by removing the chunk loaders and at my current RF consumption the core will be empty in about 800 000 years :D

Now when I have practically unlimited power available, the mod pack I play doesn't include RFTools Dimensions :(

13. GamerwithnoGame

Oh no! Could you add it into the pack maybe?

14. Ville Saari

Ville Saari New Member

I could, but I don't want to add too many extra mods as I have to then add them again every time the mod pack updates. FTB updates wipe every mod that is not part of the pack :(

I already have two extra mods: ComputerCraft and ChickenChunks and keeping them there is a pain in the a...

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  15. GamerwithnoGame

Oh man, that IS a pain! :( Fair enough!