Few Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yoad

Jul 29, 2019
1. What is the difference between copper cable, gold cable and 2x gold cable?
2. Some machines need engines, some machine need power, what is the difference?
3. How can I use redstone to change the pipes way?
4. A little explanation on bees and bee hives
5. A little explenation on MFFS

MrKirk

Jul 29, 2019
1: There is many different cables, copper and gold cable are both LV cables and the 2x gold cable is MV cable ( Can be used for LV ) and they have different EU losses ( More info ---> http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Recipes_and_Resources )

2: Some machines like electric furnace or macerator need EU power ( IndustrialCraft2 mod ) other need BuildCraft power wich you get from engines. ( You cant use EU to power machines wich need BuildCraft power. )

3: The only pipe that changes ways is the iron pipe. You simply get some redstone and connect it with the pipe.

4: Bees can be found across the worlds and can be obtained through a scoop. Bee produces different materials and theres is many species to explore. ( Most of them are obtained from breeding them with other species in a bee hive ( Apiary. ) ) You need a apiary to obtain the bee product ( Makes sure you have a queen/princess and a drone to put in the apiary ) and make sure the bee likes the climate you're in ( Biome. ) etc. Snow bee wont like being in a jungle biome and so on.

5: MFFS is a mod about creating forcefields wich can be very neat ( Etc. Protecting your house from griefers? :p )

I hope I covered most off it and that I didn't make to many mistakes.
Though I'm sure that people will explain more/better then me.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Slight addition to 4. An easy way to get apiaries (easy being dependent on the world you spawned in, but generally I find villages are common) is to just steal some off an npc village(s). You can also if you happen to have one, use a mining laser (and probably a vajra) to scoop beehives without needing a scoop.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Copper cable can only hold a Low Voltage (32 EU/t) and goes 4 blocks before losing any EU. Gold cable can handle a medium voltage (128 EU/t) and only goes 2. The 2x insulated gold cable just goes a bit farther before EU loss.

Machines that need Engines are from buildcraft, forestry, and thermal expansion. It is there own form of power. The cables and power are from industrial craft.

I don't understand what you mean by this question.

Bee hives can be destroyed with a scoop to get you some bees and maybe some combs. There are several types and you need an apiariy to use them. Villages are a good place to find them or you can make them. I don't know enough to explain much else about bees.

MFFS is a force field system and uses monazit ore that is transformed into forcium to power it. It is expensive to set up and can be complicated if you don't know what you are doing. YouTube would be your best bet for a good explanation of it, as it has several upgrades and blocks that it uses to work correctly.

Yoad

Jul 29, 2019
I did'nt understood something about the voltage cables
If I have an advanced solar panel (4eu/t) connected to a cable, and another 4, connected to the same cable, would this cable hold 8eu/t or 40 eu/t?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I did'nt understood something about the voltage cables
If I have an advanced solar panel (4eu/t) connected to a cable, and another 4, connected to the same cable, would this cable hold 8eu/t or 40 eu/t?

5 packets of 4 eu/t. They never add together.

This is both good and bad. Obviously good since you can stack panels together. However, if you start to get enough of them, the large number of packets being sent can start causing lag.