Few questions about 1.6.4 Mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Figured instead of making multiple topics about it as the questions come to me I'd make one. And I really only have three questions;

1. In AM2 the Battlemage armor talks about infusing it with XP to unlock protective spells... Did I miss in the Compendium on how to do this or is it not a feature in the mod yet? As I have not figured out how to infuse the armor with magic, granted I do not have the armor yet.

2. Ender Tanks and Pumps, how exactly does the Pump handle the Ender Tank as they have a moderate amount of internal storage. So for example if I setup a lava pump in the nether, hook it up to the ender tank and use it for my TC Smeltery and Combustion Engines. If the Engines get full and are turned off since nothing is requiring power on the network and the Smeltery's tank is full and I'm not smelting anything within it. Will the Pump still pump the lava from the pool in the nether? As the Internal Storage of everything linked to the Ender Tank is full, as is the storage of the Ender tank. I've never really had much experience with Ender Tanks and I personally want to use them a bit more in my current playthrough, plus the Tesseracts kinda got a little more intensive to make.

3. I know RF can be translated into MJ, just by hooking the devices that use MJ to a conduit attached to the dynamos/Storage cells. But is the translation in the pack a 1:1 of RF:MJ?

4. For AM2, these may seem like a silly question... But you can combine multiple damage components into a spell? Like even those that do not seem like they belong together (Frost and Fire for example). Plus quick addition question to this, these spells that I am making at the start does their damage scale up as I level?

Last edited:

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
2. The pump won't suck lava if it has no place to put it (as in the ender tank is full)

3. I believe it's 10:1, since RF values are essentially MJ values multiplied by 10.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
2. The pump won't suck lava if it has no place to put it (as in the ender tank is full)

3. I believe it's 10:1, since RF values are essentially MJ values multiplied by 10.
Excellent! I was hoping the pumps would be smart enough not to pump any lava if there is no space. Last time I used lava I was putting into Geothermals that were running my AE system and only the AE, so I never saw them turn off really.

And... That makes a lot of sense for question 2, I realized after I asked it can't be a 1:1 ratio as then... Anyone out there that maybe a bit more sure on the ratio? Perhaps someone who has tried to power a Quarry? :)

Also added another question in regards to AM2 spells

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
QKninja hit #2 and 3 on the dot.

#1, it's not implemented yet. No idea how it will work.

#4, kinda. It doesn't scale that well, especially compared to mana usage. You do eventually unlock a +damage modifier you can stack a couple times, but it just augments the damage types and is a good way down the offense tree. Don't forget that you can change from Diminished casting mode to Normal casting mode via a keybind you can set ("casting mode" in controls), and that will do about twice as much damage as Diminished.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent! I was hoping the pumps would be smart enough not to pump any lava if there is no space. Last time I used lava I was putting into Geothermals that were running my AE system and only the AE, so I never saw them turn off really.

And... That makes a lot of sense for question 2, I realized after I asked it can't be a 1:1 ratio as then... Anyone out there that maybe a bit more sure on the ratio? Perhaps someone who has tried to power a Quarry? :)

Also added another question in regards to AM2 spells

It's definitely 10:1, if you observe the power bar of any MFR machine, it gives you how full it is in RF, MJ, EU, and J. RF is 10x as big as MJ.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
One more question....
For IC2, is there power lose on the cables still? Or did that change with this new version?

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
One more question....
For IC2, is there power lose on the cables still? Or did that change with this new version?

Everything you know about IC2 has changed... for the worse. I recommend what most recommend, avoid it in 1.6. It's insanely expensive, the new power system is more complex making it harder to wire machine and easier to destroy them, and other mods can do better for cheaper. It should really only be used for veteran members looking for a much more difficult ride.

I suggest starting with Thermal Expansion, then maybe branch into IC2 after your mid-late game just to mess with it and produce some EU if you need it. Either way, watch some videos on the new IC2-expirmental, because the changes are really too much to list.

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Everything you know about IC2 has changed... for the worse. I recommend what most recommend, avoid it in 1.6. It's insanely expensive, the new power system is more complex making it harder to wire machine and easier to destroy them, and other mods can do better for cheaper. It should really only be used for veteran members looking for a much more difficult ride.

I suggest starting with Thermal Expansion, then maybe branch into IC2 after your mid-late game just to mess with it and produce some EU if you need it. Either way, watch some videos on the new IC2-expirmental, because the changes are really too much to list.

it's not that bad.. It's just different

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I might have discovered the answer to my first question;

I'm wearing a full set of Mage Armor, not the battlemage version but the more basic one (wool and mundane ingredients to craft). And I jumped into water to kill squid and as I rose my breath bubbles hit 1... but then a buff popped up. I brought up my inventory and it was "Waterbreathing" buff and the hood was taking damage. The boots also seem to protect from falling as I walked off a ledge in the Nether not realizing the ledge was that close but I took no damage upon impact with the ground, boots had damage.

So boots seem to have Feather Falling, and Hood seems to have Water Breathing (Though limited I did run out of the time limit and begin taking drowning damage).

EDIT:
Also, is a Small MultiFarm of Oak Saplings effective at keeping a 18block HP Solid-Fuel steam boiler running? I am, not completely sure when it comes to the changes recently to the boilers.

Last edited: