Felling turtle vs. Mining turtle

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Badjr

Jul 29, 2019
Is there really any benefit to creating a felling turtle over a mining turtle? Mining turtles seem to be able to cut down trees just fine, as well as use their picks as they were intended. Does the felling turtle have anything over the mining turtle except for the damage it does?

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
felling won't collect ores, mining might not collect wood, but im not sure.

Both of them can break blocks though

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
The axe turtle might do more damage to mobs with .attack(), I am not sure. As far as collecting blocks, there is no benefit. (I haven't tried with fancy mod blocks though - project tables, TC research station, etc.) Wood blocks can be collected by punching with your hands, and therefore also with any tool. It should however be possible to make a block that specifically requires an axe. But again, I am not aware of any such block in vanilla or in any of the FTB mods.

Badjr

Jul 29, 2019
The axe turtle might do more damage to mobs with .attack(), I am not sure. As far as collecting blocks, there is no benefit. (I haven't tried with fancy mod blocks though - project tables, TC research station, etc.) Wood blocks can be collected by punching with your hands, and therefore also with any tool. It should however be possible to make a block that specifically requires an axe. But again, I am not aware of any such block in vanilla or in any of the FTB mods.

The axe turtle does do more damage, second to the sword, but that it the only benefit I have seen from using them. Mining turtles take the same resources to make, and seem to be a lot more useful all around to me. I don't see why anyone would waste 3 diamonds/gems to make a felling turtle rather than a mining turtle.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
At the very least, dan200's said that he will eventually get it set up so that you need the right turtle for the right job, so no more mining your trees.