Private Pack Feed the Machine | 1.7.1 | Custom ModPack | Mature 17+ | Online and stable!

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Frederickx2

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I can't seem to find the forum link anywhere on the post and I cant find anything when I search up feed the machine website/forums

Nold

Jul 29, 2019
it is in the title of the server information. it took me a moment to find it as well.

Frederickx2

Jul 29, 2019
I still can't seem to find anything except the link to the under construction website that doesn't have any posts in it..

tizza_

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Username: tizza_
What is your Timezone?: EST
Have you ever been banned from any type of Minecraft server?: Nope
If Yes, why?:
How often will you be active in-game? (Hours per Day/Week): Depending on school load - a few hours per day to a few hours per week
Vanilla Minecraft Experience?: Not a lot - after I was introduced to modded I never turned back
FTB Experience?: I played Hexxit, Technic, FTB, Resonant Rise, Agrarian Skies, and the DW20 packs numerous times but only a few on actual servers.
Do you have a microphone for TeamSpeak 3?: mic - yes; TS is an easy download and install if needed - so readily available if need be.
Do you agree to the Rules and Guidelines?: Of course and look forward to a mature community once again

Why do you want to join Feed the Machine?: My old mature community (oldmencraft) shut down and I would really like to play the new infinity pack. I haven't had much chance to play with 1.7 but I'm a very quick learner and I miss the community and challenge of playing on a server.

What are you looking to gain from playing on our server?: Friends, community, creative ideas, and just a place to play that is stable hopefully.

What will you be bringing to our server?: Quite a bit of modded experience in minecraft and I have a creative side if I'm really in the mood - I tend to build laggy stuff by accident - hopefully that won't be the case in 1.7.

Other information you would like to add about yourself: I'm a computer science student hoping to finish ultimately with a software engineering degree. I am a gym/fitness enthusiast with an Associates in Arts and Visual Communications degree and when I'm not in school or at the gym I'd like to have a server I can play minecraft on with a solid community.

Any questions you would like to ask: How often do you guys update/restart the server? Any chance of the modpack switching anytime soon (my last server did this from time to time) - I would like to play infinity for a good bit, just curious if it will be changing is all?

--Extra Info--
Previous Op/Mod experience, and was that Vanilla or Modpack:
I helped sort out a few issues on the last Resonant Rise server I played on but I don't feel my experience as a Mod would be sufficient at this point but I'd be glad to help out with any issues I can and I'm more than willing to look up how to resolve things if necessary.
MySQL, Java, or HTML experience? I have a little bit of Java experience but not much, the other 2 - not so much.
How well do you know linux? I'd say I'm mostly a rookie but I've used it a few months in the past and like I previously stated - have no problem looking up how to help resolve issues if need be.

Lavaliscous

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Username: Lavaliscous
What is your Timezone?:
GMT+5
Have you ever been banned from any type of Minecraft server?:
No.
How often will you be active in-game? (Hours per Day/Week):
~20-30 hours/week
Vanilla Minecraft Experience?:
From Alpha v1.2.3_04 through 1.8.1
FTB Experience?:
All DW20 packs, Infinity, Monster, Unleashed, Yogcraft, Hatpack. Several packs on the AT and Technic Launchers
Do you have a microphone for TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes, Turtle beach Earforce ZSeven
Do you agree to the Rules and Guidelines?:
Yes.

Why do you want to join Feed the Machine?: It was recommended to me by current members that have played on servers that I have owned in the past. As I was already looking for a Resonant Rise 3 server, I decided FTB Infinity would be just as good, especially with friends.

What are you looking to gain from playing on our server?: A world to pour loads of my time into without having to deal with the upkeep of having to host my own.

What will you be bringing to our server?: Significant game knowledge and experience, a friendly and helpful disposition and a creative touch.

Other information you would like to add about yourself: Nothing further.

Any questions you would like to ask: Not at the moment this is being written.

--Extra Info--
I've owned and operated mmany servers, both Vanilla and several modpacks including Infinity.
MySQL, Java, or HTML experience?
I don't care for object-oriented programming and I much prefer low level languages like C, VHDL, and Assembly, therfore I only know what I needed to pass introductory courses on Java.
How well do you know linux?
I have experience with UNIX which has few differences to Linux, although i have never used a proprietary version, such as AIX, Mac OS X Server or Solaris.

RedBamboo

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Username: GoldenPro68
What is your Timezone?: PST / GMT +7

Have you ever been banned from any type of Minecraft server?:
No.
If Yes, why?: -------
How often will you be active in-game? (Hours per Day/Week): As of late, 2-4 hours daily, 10+ weekly.

Vanilla Minecraft Experience?:
3 Years, and every CTM map under the sun.
FTB Experience?: One and a half years, starting from Ultimate until now.

Do you have a microphone for TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes.
Do you agree to the Rules and Guidelines?: Yes.

Why do you want to join Feed the Machine?: Most other hives boast small communities, only to be shut down due to personal reasons a month or two later. Seeing that this thread's first post dates almost three years back, I doubt that anything of that nature is happening anytime soon.

What are you looking to gain from playing on our server?: A dependable source of fun that will stretch beyond the pack itself.

What will you be bringing to our server?: I'm just a guy looking for a good time. Hopefully, I will bring that attitude to your players aswell.

Other information you would like to add about yourself: -------

Any questions you would like to ask: What is this server's history modpack wise? Are there any other servers that also stem from this one?

--Extra Info--
Vanilla moderating experience monitoring a small 30-Max server.
MySQL, Java, or HTML experience?: Once year of Introductory Java. Similar to CSC110.
How well do you know linux?: No experience sadly.

HarperZ

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Username: HarperZ
What is your Timezone?: UTC+1
Have you ever been banned from any type of Minecraft server?: nope well unless you count the one i owned alongside Taurmin but he was drunk when it happened.
If Yes, why?:
How often will you be active in-game? (Hours per Day/Week): depending on workload (working at sea) it can range vastly from most the the day to not for a week or 2 depending on what the guy with the crown has to say about it.
Vanilla Minecraft Experience?: Since Beta
FTB Experience?: Since mod packs was a thing mostly been running the big ones so good knowhow about the mods in general
Do you have a microphone for TeamSpeak 3?: Yes S.A.I.T.E.K F.R.E.Q 5
Do you agree to the Rules and Guidelines?: Yes

Why do you want to join Feed the Machine?: Me and a friend have been jumping around looking for a stable good ping server with intressting people to build with and arent in the notion that a 2 month old mod pack can be "Beaten" in 2 months

What are you looking to gain from playing on our server?: a stable comunity and server home after being bored running small servers for friends with avrage life expectancy

What will you be bringing to our server?: building and mod mixxing on a fun level and keeping Taurmin from makeing cobblestone blocks controlled by computercraft, we are aiming at a more complex railcraft setup with CC interaction (Custom Code curtesy of Taurmin) oh and jokes in general.

Other information you would like to add about yourself: Royal Swedish Navy Engineer that finds building computer Lego to be a decent way of killing time when off the ship.

Any questions you would like to ask:

--Extra Info--
Previous Op/Mod experience, and was that Vanilla or Modpack: OP/mod for a number of private servers alongside Taurmin
MySQL, Java, or HTML experience? not fresh
How well do you know linux? oh that was so long ago that iv forgotten most of it so id have to say no

Last edited:

Taurmin

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Username: Taurmin
What is your Timezone?: CET
Have you ever been banned from any type of Minecraft server?: No
If Yes, why?:
How often will you be active in-game? (Hours per Day/Week): Couple of hours in the afternoon most days, likely more on weekends
Vanilla Minecraft Experience?: Couple of weeks back in 2010 before i discovered mods.
FTB Experience?: Years... Oh god the hours ive wasted with FTB modpacks...
Do you have a microphone for TeamSpeak 3?: Yes
Do you agree to the Rules and Guidelines?: Sure

Why do you want to join Feed the Machine?: Because Harper told me i should, and i cant be bothered putting up a fight. Also i need somewhere i can play with my choo choos.

What are you looking to gain from playing on our server?: An escape from the long hours of sitting at my desk developing .net applications by sitting long hours at my desk developing lua applications, but these applications will make trains go choo choo!

What will you be bringing to our server?: Trains that run on time damnit! And a lot of complicated messy wirering.

Other information you would like to add about yourself: I really like trains, and wirering.

Any questions you would like to ask: Do you like trains and/or wireing

--Extra Info--
Ive managed a few small servers, usually just 2 or 3 players.
MySQL, Java, or HTML experience? I am pretty comfortable with SQL in general, but have never worked with MySQL. I believe Java is the work of the devil. I do know basic HTML up to and including HTML5 but mostly work with it in the context of asp.net and the MVC framework. I am mostly a back end programmer though, I can't make pixels do pretty too good and I am not allowed to play with stylesheets anymore.
How well do you know linux? Took a course on linux server management at uni, but outside of that kinda limited.