Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
You mean a complete copy? A psudo redpower 3? Nope can't. Against the law.

Yeah and I just bet that Eloraam is going to sue the coder of Red Logic...plus no court would convict a person for making their own version of a mod that they make no money on that is based on a mod that the coder does not make money on. Eloraam does not own the idea for lights, wires, tubes, cover plates, etc just the code that she used other wise nobody could make wires, tubes, cover plates.

Reactions: Sarda

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
It is not against the law to re-implement what someone else has done.

It isn't a case of whether or not they would be sued, nor whether or not they would be found guilty. It is not against the law.

At least, not in the USA.

Being found guilty, or being sued, has nothing to do with breaking the law.

At least, not in the USA.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
Errr...I just said that, well I was trying to say that without saying that the other guy did not know what he was talking about...lol.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Copying code is not fine, that's very, very illegal. Using the idea of something, however, that's a bit better.

This whole post turned in to All about RP2...lets talk about mod packs for FTB...

But... look at the title: Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x. The point of this thread is to discuss RedPower 2, is it not?

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
Copying code is not fine, that's very, very illegal. Using the idea of something, however, that's a bit better.

But... look at the title: Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x. The point of this thread is to discuss RedPower 2, is it not?
LOL yep I made a misstake...it happens...right before this I was reading the FTP news post for the past month and it all was talking crap about RP2.

I find it funny that you only talked about my mistake after me and two others called you out on being a wrong and mean.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
LOL yep I made a misstake...it happens...right before this I was reading the FTP news post for the past month and it all was talking crap about RP2.

I find it funny that you only talked about my mistake after me and two others called you out on being a wrong and mean.

There are RP2 discussions everywhere on the forums, it's ridiculous. I'm not at all surprised they were talking about RP2 there as well.

Eh, live and let live. I've moved on from that already :p

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
There are RP2 discussions everywhere on the forums, it's ridiculous. I'm not at all surprised they were talking about RP2 there as well.
Yep I know what you mean...I am starting to wish Elo desides to stop working on RP2 just so people stop fighting about it. RP2 has been a massive topic hijacker.

Eh, live and let live. I've moved on from that already :p
Then sir maybe you should learn HOW to let live...and the first step is not to attack others.

Status
Not open for further replies.