February News

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Stop asking that question before they get ideals...rofl It is totally stay 1.10...rofl. They have actually already answered that question i believe all joking aside. Something like if it could be easily done and there were mod devs willing to upgrade to the newest version they might might not soon...Don't remember where it was stated though and I could be crazy.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Mods built for 1.10 don't work on 1.11, and there's a fair bit of work needed to update them. A few mods use McJty's compat layer mod that lets them work on both, but there's many that don't.

It's not impossible that we would update Beyond to 1.11, but I would think it unlikely. Every single mod in the pack would need to release a 1.11 version.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Didn't Slowpoke say early on that barring a dramatic reason to upgrade FtB would settle at 1.10 for the foreseeable future? (I paraphrase, of course)

Reactions: Pickypicky

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
The question is not if 1.11 but when 1.10 :)
Im back from Rome so now I demand my pack

*croushing back into my howl of shame cause I dont know what to do without it *

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Just an update, Beyond won't make it this week. I'll have the March newsletter out Friday with more details.

M

Mr. Crain

Just an update, Beyond won't make it this week. I'll have the March newsletter out Friday with more details.
How do you know this ! No offense for the question I just do not want to believe it ! #whatdoihavetolivefornow:(

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019

My F5 key loves you. My wife does too. But I do hate you... not knowing what to do with my freetime now. At the end I will have to work.... Imagine!!!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How do you know this ! No offense for the question I just do not want to believe it ! #whatdoihavetolivefornow:(

WeAllPlayCast had a preview of the Thermal Expansion mod on their stream last night, in a "pack" using only 11 mods to avoid conflicts.

The mod still has a few bugs to work out but according to the dev, who was in chat, the main delay is texture work. I would assume the pack team are aware of these issues, thus delaying the release.

My advice? Grow some patience :D

E

eobie

Is there any mod that helps with the grow ticks? Like Thaumcraft lamps or Rotarycraft Sprinklers? Since they are not 1.10 for now do not know how to grow this patience seeds :(

Actually Additions Greenhouse glass.... works during daytime only though. Three times growth rate...

Reactions: Dentvar

Muvanu

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a proposed modpack list for Beyond yet? If not, is it possible to get this info this week? I plan to host a server for friends and family and would like to browse through the mods to get a heads up with what to expect.

G

Gargosch

Is there a proposed modpack list for Beyond yet? If not, is it possible to get this info this week? I plan to host a server for friends and family and would like to browse through the mods to get a heads up with what to expect.
Quetzi posted this on Tuesday in another thread asking about the modlist. Probably still not complete but you get a good idea:
I think the progression path was always going to change, dev time for expert mode is always going to be significant though. This time however, we'll be going in having a good idea what to look for, which will help. As for standard FTB Beyond, the modlist I posted earlier has been updated: http://modlister.com/user/Quetzi/FTB Beyond

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
There was an alpha list on reddit link above if i remember right.