Favourite FTB Youtuber/s Reloaded

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Used to watch dire's videos, but for some reason can't sit through five minutes of any of his new ones. So now I watch @Ako_the_Builder, @Saice, @Bevo, and @KirinDave. I've learned quite a bit from all of them, especially about mods I've never even heard of. For those who liked my guide on Blood Magic, go thank them; their videos got me into the mod, and I learned almost everything I know about it from them.

Last edited:

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
That is why I love his serverplay but dont like his SSP

I've never liked any server play, ever.

I can (but rarely do) watch his SSPs, though. What kills him for me, and why I prefer someone like Martysgames, is that he uses, really uses, way too many mods. Necessity is the mother of invention and having 200 ways to skin a cat makes it so that he doesn't need to be very inventive or think outside the box.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
I've been enjoying adlintont's Magic World 2 SSP, though I wish he'd enable a minimap... it would mean significantly less "where was that node with (insert vis type)".

Servers
Mindcrack: vanilla & FTB both, I watch about 6 or 7 of them. This season of UHC has been fun with the mumble plugin.
Attack of the B-team: all the official server guys (especially ChimneySwift)

Individuals
paulsoaresjr
BdoubleO100
Ako the Builder

I have trouble watching DW20, I don't know why. I just can't keep interest. I do go back to him regularly for specific mod info.

nilness

Jul 29, 2019
I watch more DW20 than anything and personally prefer his server play series. It's an interesting insight to what's coming up in mods like the Thaumcraft 4.1 update. And I enjoy the feedback and participation of other mod authors.

The builds are sometimes great and sometimes not as much, but it's really the interaction with other mod developers that keep me watching.

I've started watching Ako's Resonant Rise server play series and haven't been super impressed. It seems less focussed and more figure it out on camera than DireWolf usually does. I definitely enjoy Ako's personality and will stick with it and check out some of his LP series. It just feels like it could have the same content in about half the time. Or could include more of the work done between episodes. Each episode in the RR SP series seems to start off with a lot of "here's a bunch of changes I made since last time" that leaves the viewer left out. And while he does stop to type in chat to other players on the server it's not as interesting as having everyone on teamspeak.

That said I'll be checking out some of the other suggestions here! Thanks for the recommendations :)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I've been enjoying adlintont's Magic World 2 SSP, though I wish he'd enable a minimap... it would mean significantly less "where was that node with (insert vis type)".

Servers
Mindcrack: vanilla & FTB both, I watch about 6 or 7 of them. This season of UHC has been fun with the mumble plugin.
Attack of the B-team: all the official server guys (especially ChimneySwift)

Individuals
paulsoaresjr
BdoubleO100
Ako the Builder

I have trouble watching DW20, I don't know why. I just can't keep interest. I do go back to him regularly for specific mod info.
The only thing I hate about watching FTB Mindcrack, is that it makes me regret Highlands over BoP, then I watch FTB Hermitcraft and blame it on them!
Then I realize I much prefer Highlands and watch a few more FTB Hermitcraft episodes.

Reactions: Lathanael

Tdubz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of guys like Sl1pg8r, Hypnotized, KingDaddyDMAC, iJevin, Marriland(last season), and most of the guys that played in Hermitcraft. Though I would like to checkout some of the other guys I see here on this thread.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Although he does not do FTB the person who got me into modded minecraft again was chemdork123 who did a buildcraft only series and has one now with buildcraft, forestry, and thermal expansion.

As for FTB: mostly Direwolf20 and some of the hermitcraft people like Sl1pg8r and hypno, some of the Hat films' FTB series, and Ako's stuff although I started watching Ako with his Resonant rise series. And speaking of resonant rise I have seen some of Saice's stuff and I did watch most of KirinDave's most recent RR series which got me really interested in Blood Magic.

Don't watch much streaming cause my poor laptop hates twitch and cause the times I can watch are usually when people are on. Plus it never really appealed to me to watch people muck about with builds. If I wanted that experience I would be playing. I generally watch the youtubes for interesting builds and methods of doing things without all the prep time and build time.

Sunrayn

Jul 29, 2019
DW20, although not so much since he seems to take the exact same routes through his play through with every season
Ako, amazing base designs.
Stockoglaws and DerTebbers coop FTB, Both are learning and it reminds me of my first months using FTB.
KirinDave, helped me learn the mods in RR.

I don't like LP'ers that swear 'just because' or try to be obviously funny. Just let the humor come naturally and I will remember that and keep coming back to your videos.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
@hiroshi42 +1 for chemsork123. I loved the My Buildcraft series. And it's more along the lines of how I tend to play... Only 1-3 content mods in a playthrough.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I think mindcrack and hermitcraft are getting a bit corrupted on FTB now.
Half of Mindcrack has gone off into the Tekkit pack "Attack of the B-Team", the other half have made the new mindcrack FTB modpack. and hermitcraft seems to only have a few members! :(

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
DW20, although not so much since he seems to take the exact same routes through his play through with every season
Ako, amazing base designs.
Stockoglaws and DerTebbers coop FTB, Both are learning and it reminds me of my first months using FTB.
KirinDave, helped me learn the mods in RR.

I don't like LP'ers that swear 'just because' or try to be obviously funny. Just let the humor come naturally and I will remember that and keep coming back to your videos.
Than you would enjoy You Always Win on Youtube :D They are hilarious but don't swear hardly at all

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, just realized I didn't mention Sarah in my earlier post. She has a fantastic channel she where does does several series. Has a great one with Resonant Rise where she plays with all the mods, but her specialty is her "Cooking with Sarah" series that she does on the FTB Magic Farm pack.

If anyone likes cooking type stuff in MC she is a must check out. Sarah's also a great decorator using creative ideas with modded blocks/items, and is quite funny. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/SarahBelham

Last edited:

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Ako and Bevo. Ako is proof that even a grumpy old man can enjoy Minecraft ;) and Bevo tries a lot of new stuff bevor it becomes mainstream (UE, AE, EnderIO). Both are doing really great videos with lots of interesting builds.

The Hermitcraft Youtubers, especially Hypno, Sl1pg8r and KingDaddyDMac, they are always fun to watch.

I did get pulled into modded Minecraft by watching Direwolf's videos, but it seems a lot of others have the same issue as me. After 6 seasons and as many server plays, watching him doing mainstream mods and building 9x9s is getting old.