Favorite weapon in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
You know, if I ever set up a holy hand grenade factory, that will be my all-time favorite. Until then...

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I've completely forgotten about that. Xeno's weapons are pretty awesome. I used the Ice wand for awhile in Ultimate.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Nobody likes the Hunters Handgun :(

Also, MPS railgun. But that's not a weapon, but a flying device.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I think the thing with the handgun, is that it eats a LOT of bullets.
And even with an infinite supply, fills your inv with shells.
It is a very expensive weapon to upkeep.
The ender bullets are the most powerful, seeking, armour ignoring, 10 hearts or more... But it's so easy to accidentally hit someone you dint mean to hit.

And due to it being a projectile, a very fast moving one, but a projectile non-the-less, it is badly effected by server lag, as you can't aim.

The railgun is VERY nice indeed.

Personally, I use what is good value - easy, cheap and affordable to make; so when/if I die its no worries. As such I used stone swords for a lot longer than I should have. Then I used osmium, till a very generous person gave me some. "REAL Mans Tools" - Dartcraft power drill and power chainsaw, with sharpness 4 on the saw, and looting. For now that's my weapon of choice.

In DW20, I set up 10 geothermals and made Gravi/Vajra/quantum within the first week, and right from the get-go the vajra was the best weapon - one-shit pretty much everything, and instantly broke blocks, so I was in "Psudo-Creative".

But what I'm saying is that, whatever weapon I use is whatever I can afford.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
0.o

When was THAT added?

That looks... Pretty amazing. Kinda odd you hold it by the stock though.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Found it while looking at MFR stuff to build a farm and got sort of side tracked.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
The ender bullets are the most powerful, seeking, armour ignoring, 10 hearts or more... But it's so easy to accidentally hit someone you dint mean to hit.

And due to it being a projectile, a very fast moving one, but a projectile non-the-less, it is badly effected by server lag, as you can't aim.
Well, I understand that. But it's pretty badass and well-designed. I like those explosive bullets that don't ruin the landscape. It's expensive, but like all Xeno's stuff very cool and stylish. Holy Grenade is another awesome thing form his mod.
MFR railgun should consume an iron nugget per shot. That will balance it and that makes sence.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
*Random history fact of the day*

The breach-loading Needle Gun (also called Needle Ignition Rifle or "Zündnadelgewehr")was used by the Prussian army to defeat both the Austrians (Seven Weeks War) and the French (Franco-Prussian war) because it was so superior compared to the other countries muzzle-loading guns. They were a result of Bismark's excessive military funding in the 19th century and ultimately led to Germany's military power in the early 20th century.

What? It was in my GCSE ;)

More importantly, they look nothing like the MFR one :p But MFR is badass so MFR wins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zündnadelgewehr

Scum

Jul 29, 2019

The railgun is VERY nice indeed.

Personally, I use what is good value - easy, cheap and affordable to make; so when/if I die its no worries. As such I used stone swords for a lot longer than I should have. Then I used osmium, till a very generous person gave me some. "REAL Mans Tools" - Dartcraft power drill and power chainsaw, with sharpness 4 on the saw, and looting. For now that's my weapon of choice.

In DW20, I set up 10 geothermals and made Gravi/Vajra/quantum within the first week, and right from the get-go the vajra was the best weapon - one-shit pretty much everything, and instantly broke blocks, so I was in "Psudo-Creative".

But what I'm saying is that, whatever weapon I use is whatever I can afford.

Unfortunately it isn't really all that fast moving. The bullet goes really slow for a bullet. It should pretty much be aim, shoot, dead, instead of aim, shoot, 1,2,3,dead.[DOUBLEPOST=1372087675][/DOUBLEPOST]Where is this needle gun? I can't find anything to do with needle anywhere on the MFR page.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately it isn't really all that fast moving. The bullet goes really slow for a bullet. It should pretty much be aim, shoot, dead, instead of aim, shoot, 1,2,3,dead.[DOUBLEPOST=1372087675][/DOUBLEPOST]Where is this needle gun? I can't find anything to do with needle anywhere on the MFR page.

I was looking for it too. It's in a dev build, I think RR is using one of the 2.7 builds. I asked about it in the "Simple question/answer" thread, so if you browse a bit, you should see an answer.