Favorite Mod Authors?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
1st has got to be AlgorithmX for me, for the simple reason that AE does everything (well, 95%) that RP and BC fail at. Awesome mod and modder.

2nd has got to be shy MachineMuse for the power suits. :)

Gr3n

Jul 29, 2019
ALL THE MODDERS! :D I mean honestly, what can you not like about someone who goes out and uses their own time to make a mod to improve an awesome game, without charging a penny for it?

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm...
iChun, mDiyo, Mithion, Pahimar, MachineMuse, King Lemming...

Though going off of public friendliness, probably going to stick with King, mDiyo and Mithion.
Haven't seen iChun being mean, he seems nice...

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
My opinion might be influenced by author image/friendliness.

Lemming, Neptune, PowerCrystals, X3N0PH0B3, Pahimar, azanor, and Covert.

A lot of the others seem stuck about and egotistical to me.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
My opinion might be influenced by author image/friendliness.

Lemming, Neptune, PowerCrystals.

A lot of the others seem stuck about and egotistical to me.

I think it's fair to allow yourself to be biased like that for this. It's your favorite mod author! Friendliness and personality traits and key variables in how I determine if I like someone or not as a person.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's fair to allow yourself to be biased like that for this. It's your favorite mod author! Friendliness and personality traits and key variables in how I determine if I like someone or not as a person.
Well, this is only basing them on how much I like them. Now, my answers may vary if their ability and expertise comes into question. Like, I actually think Sengir is a very good modder. Whether or not I like his mod, agree with his balancing decisions, or think he's a nice friendly guy I'd like to have chicken wings with, is a different conversation.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like we're talking about favorite mods, not authors. My list is considerably longer if it's just the mods (because I've not had much interaction with mod makers).

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'd have to say that my top 3 are ChickenBones, Soaryn, and ol King Lemming. I'm still in shock that Soaryn's 3 years younger than me.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
MachineMuse. Totally. She's very... well, she's the only mod author I've talked to on a personal level so.
Very close behind her would have to be KingLemming, Zeldo (the sneaky ninja that also works on TE), power crystals, and CPW. Oh yes and GregoriousT (unironically, too!).

Sent from my phone using black magic

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like favorites or top tens but since playing in 1.5 there are three authors that came to mind at the same time for me while trying to come up with some ideas for building. First I thought of Eloraam because red alloy wire and some timers would have helped me but she's still working on RP2, PowerCrystals because Rednet would be my only option without RP2 for what I want to do, and then KingLemming because I'd be screwed without TE in the same project.

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
For me probably KingLemming from what I have seen of him, but I mostly only know the authors through watching DW20 YouTubes and Slowpoke Twitch Streams. Although I can see he is active in the community which is a huge plus, I can't put Sir Sengir on the list because I know Aspergers kids who were hurt by his choice to target users in his dispute last year.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
FlowerChild, KingLemming, CovertJaguar and Pahimar.
Half soothing voices (damnit, Covert and Pahimar) and the other half is interaction with the community to an insane level.
Shortly after that, X3n0, AlgorithmX2, MachineMuse and PowerCrystals.