Favorite Mod Authors?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why greg hasn't made it into this yet?

I like Greg and mostly like his mod. But hes not my favorate personal. King Lemming and PowerCrystals both are on my top list becuase of how much they interact with their users. Both are vary interactive about their mod and seem to enjoy working on it and working with their fans. To me it not about raw skill (like say Greg or El) but about skill and their willingness to be part of the commuity that wins me over to them.

Reactions: whythisname

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming and Azanor. They actually add stuff to make it easier for color blind people to use their mods. It is great not having to ask my children "What color is this?"

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
All the ones that post and inform on the forum because I really don't know any anyways, but I do enjoy their mods and enjoy that they choose to share and receive ideas from the community.

Endgamer013

Jul 29, 2019
I like Greg and mostly like his mod. But hes not my favorate personal. King Lemming and PowerCrystals both are on my top list becuase of how much they interact with their users. Both are vary interactive about their mod and seem to enjoy working on it and working with their fans. To me it not about raw skill (like say Greg or El) but about skill and their willingness to be part of the commuity that wins me over to them.
No, I like Greg, and love the difficulty of GregTech, it's just that whenever his mod comes up, a flame war starts :)

Mash

Jul 29, 2019

Agreed.

Anyone who's read any of my posts will know that I like GregTech. I also really like RP2. However, neither of those mod authors are my favorite simply because their communication methods are... eh. It says nothing about the quality of their mod, of course, but that's simply how I regard them as a person.

King Lemming and PC are easily my two favorite mod authors. Not only do they have amazing mods, but they also have a sense of humor and aren't afraid to mingle with the common folk a little.

Reactions: whythisname

Endgamer013

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed.

Anyone who's read any of my posts will know that I like GregTech. I also really like RP2. However, neither of those mod authors are my favorite simply because their communication methods are... eh. It says nothing about the quality of their mod, of course, but that's simply how I regard them as a person.

King Lemming and PC are easily my two favorite mod authors. Not only do they have amazing mods, but they also have a sense of humor and aren't afraid to mingle with the common folk a little.
King Lemming is easily my favorite mod author after Eloraam(for all the redstone stuff). PowerCrystals is a close slide away. But all in all, all the mod authors are awesome for making free mods for us and fixing all the bugs that come up.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
KingLemming, Sengir and mDiyo. They are always adding new things to their mods, and making sure they are relatively bug-free.

Endgamer013

Jul 29, 2019
KingLemming, Sengir and mDiyo. They are always adding new things to their mods, and making sure they are relatively bug-free.
Speaking of bugs, I just found a bug with igneous extruders in 1.5 not actually generating cobblestone but working fine with everything else

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I have much respect for several modders (Sengir, Covert, Powercrystals, King L) but the best, not for his absolutely great mod but because if you go in his IRC channel he will chat with you until your ears drop off (and is one of the few I found that do) is AlgorithmX (Applied Energistics Modder).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My favorite to listen to talk. I could laugh all day just reading anything he writes.
Oh, I dunno, he's about as amusing as Jay and Silent Bob, or at least as mature as the former of the two, but not really my scene.

Personally, for me it is King Lemming. He writes clean, elegant, efficient code. His API's are coherent and well documented. He has introduced some very excellent concepts to the modding community as a whole.

Shortly behind him? CPW. Dude... Forge. Need I say anything else?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Oh, I dunno, he's about as amusing as Jay and Silent Bob, or at least as mature as the former of the two, but not really my scene.
I do love childish humor. And any other form of humor. And things that aren't inherently humorous because that makes them so.

Reactions: Whovian

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of VSWE, ohaiiChun, and mDiyo! Tons of respect for everyone not named. I just enjoy Steve's Carts, Torched, and TinkersConstruct/Natura lately!