Fatal Error on Launcher Startup

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

BrettS0

Jan 2, 2020
Every time I open the ftb launcher, it stops on "downloading pack data" and the log says there was a fatal error. The error message is
From Console: [Fatal Error] :1:50: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
From Console: [Fatal Error] :1:50: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
Error while updating map info: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 50; White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
Error loading texture pack info: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 50; White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
Opening main window
Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
Error while loading launcher update info: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 50; White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.​
I have deleted all my ftb files and launcher and redownloaded everything. When I do this, it works for the first launch but once I exit and relaunch it the same error occurs. I haven't seen any similar threads with solutions and I'm not sure how to fix this besides deleting and redownloading all of FTB every time I want to play.

BrettS0

Jan 2, 2020
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling java. The crash report now tells me
Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
Error while updating map info: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching dist.creeper.host found.
Error loading texture pack info: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching dist.creeper.host found.
Error while loading launcher update info: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching dist.creeper.host found.​

BrettS0

Jan 2, 2020
Solved! I believe this issue had to do with my browser firewall not trusting creeperhost. I whitelisted the site and it appears to be solved.

Reactions: Camden Henke

Camden Henke

Jan 5, 2020
Hi my friend is having the exact same error messages as you. He is having trouble whitelisting creeperhost in his browser. How did you go about doing that exactly?

livinggolem

Jan 18, 2020
I've been having the same issue but don't know how to whitelist the site. I tried whitelisting the domain in chrome's settings but that doesn't seem to help. Is that not the correct way to do it?

Uberjr25

Jan 20, 2020
every time I start the game is says An unsuspected issue occurred and the game has crash.