Request Fatal Error Help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MagicMage1238

22:13:19 [Info] MagicMage1238 joined the game
22:13:20 [Info] MagicMage1238 lost connection: TextComponent{text='A fatal error has occured, this connection is terminated', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
22:13:20 [Info] MagicMage1238 left the game

anyone have any idea why this might be happening??? and not just me experiencing this - No Crash report (this is copied from console window)

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, if i had to guess, then i would say a fatal error has occured, and that the connection to the client was terminated.

but seriously, start with more information , such as:
  • minecraft version
  • ftb modpack and version
  • the clientside log - complete
  • the serverside log - complete
  • a list of mods the client is running (to check if anything was added)
  • if it was infinity evolved, was it in normal or expert mode
  • forge version
  • heck, why not a screenshot of f3 in single player
as a idea towards self fixing, try deleting the player's inv, and if that doesnt work, the world and see if that stops it.

what i think is happening (which is a pure guess, because it could just as likely be the nsa van down the street logging your internet causing it) is that you have a bad item/block in your inv, or a bad chunk/tileent. and it would be REALLLY nice to have something more useful then "A error has occured"

Reactions: jikuja

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
I see, that totally described the issue, thanks.

• What the issue is
  • Does it occur for other people
  • Have you tried setting his position to spawn?
  • Clientside log - full
  • What launcher is he using?
  • A screenshot of his f3 (even from single player)
  • Do any other players crash when they visit where the player is?
  • Have yyou tried turning on in the forge config on the server delete erroring tile ents and entities?

M

MagicMage1238

I restored a back up from an hour before and it is back and running with no problems. Somehow something was corrupted - this is a remote server there was no lag and everyone was experiencing the same problem.

And I'm also new at hosting this server (my first one) so it's a huge learning process for me I had to leave for work at the time no responses (I should have given so much more info sorry about that) so I decided to try to use a backup and it worked so I left it at that.

Edit: as for the forge config - no idea how to do that at this time and something worth looking into.

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
Well then it probably was a bad tile entity/entity in the world. Restoring a recent backup is the best way of getting it running. As a new server admin, have a read of the options in the (server root folder)/config/forge.cfg and similar, some of them are useful for auto-magically fixing issues like this one, but arnt very safe to be left on.

Another thing is when reporting issues, try to provide as much info on the issue. So its easier for anyone else to help
What the issue is?, who does it affect. What the server is (the ftb launcher has servers from as far back as 1.2.5 all the way up to 1.7.5, and there has been huge changes in between) a client log/ server log .

A better way would have been:

"I'm experiencing/ a client is experiencing a issue where when he joins he immediately disconnects with the message 'A fatal error has occured, this connection is terminated'.
Any clue what is causing it?

I'm running a ftb infinity server version 2.6 and the clients are unmodified ftb infinity.
The client and the server don't report a issue, but any player that joins also immediately disconnect.
I've tried restarting the server but it still keeps happening."

A lot more information and anyone would have suggested that its a corrupt world or chunk.