Fast Charging MPS powerplant ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
I have started using modular powersuits and it takes for ages to charge them particularly long if the boots alone hold 5M of mps power. What king of power system and power output would I need to achieve a fast charge. If you could put it in MJ system, I'm quite EU noobish.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
judging be what people say - none.
there is a kinetic generator module which is power positive. this allows your armor to sustain charge without additional income.

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
You can make it self-sustaining by adding the Kinetic Generator module to the Leggings and a Solar Panel Modular to the helmet and a Thermal Generator Module to the chestplate(1.5.2). (All maxed out)

And if you want to make it more efficient you can add sprint asset to your boots.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on your pack.

Mine gets charged in my ultimate power cube almost as soon as I put it in.

Setting your batteries to tier 3 IC, and charging it in an MFSU ain't too slow either.

Gotissues

Jul 29, 2019
The fastest way ive found is to have a battery greater eu storge and right click on bar to charge using the battery. Its faster then charging in a bat box,mfe of mfsu

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Supposedly the best is the Thermal Generator upgrade, Energy shields and standing in lava. I built my base beside a surface pool, so I can take advantage of that if I want, but my preference is to just stand in a spot with a glass roof and let the sun charge me up while I watch my base do things like process ore.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had any issues with MPS' power.

Solar panel on helm and Kinetic Generator on leggings. I didn't even use the Thermal Generator.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had any issues with MPS' power.

Solar panel on helm and Kinetic Generator on leggings. I didn't even use the Thermal Generator.

Same. I haven't charged them ever. My only problem is that I'm currently building a spaceship in a void age and am not power positive anymore but aside from that I'm always 'full' (15M).

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Did a newer version of mps make major changes? My suit charges in just a few seconds.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Same. I haven't charged them ever. My only problem is that I'm currently building a spaceship in a void age and am not power positive anymore but aside from that I'm always 'full' (15M).

With KinGen and Sprint Assist, doing a few super jumps will give you power back. :p

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Charge pads are generally the fastest unless you have UE AFAIK.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I know they are the fastest. I was making a joke about 8 high power nukes + fission charge pads making you radioactive.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
What are people doing with their powersuits that they require so much power? My suit never burns more than it generates so any number > 0 seems to be good enough. :)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
What are people doing with their powersuits that they require so much power? My suit never burns more than it generates so any number > 0 seems to be good enough. :)
Shooting lightning.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Oh damn, I just thought of something. Buildcraft lasers need to be able to charge stuff wirelessly at their normal range. Just imagine standing in a room filled with blue lasers charging your suit.

Or add a "Charging table" looks like the assembly table(ish) but has the tool/armour floating above it as the lasers zap it with energy!
Epic idea, sir!

Reactions: Museli and PierceSG