Farmland Randomly Getting Un-Tilled

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody knows what mod makes tilled soil get randomly un-tilled? Is there a config option for it? BTW my wheat farm is surrounded by fence, so mobs can't get in. I'm not jumping on it either.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Unconfirmed, but I believe it is blue slimes jumping up and down on the ground.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
What mod-pack, which version - if it's Ultimate 1.4.7 it's a known bug which is fixed in 1.5

MichaelAbbott

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps lighting? I know of one time I played vanilla, not lighting your farmland with wheat on it caused it to untile. Unless that's the known bug b0bst3r mentioned.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
first stop anything from jumping on it

second make sure there is either water nearby or there is something growing on it

that takes care of the vanilla mechanics

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
This happens alot with me on a custom 1.5 pack. I have put it down to mobs, spiders being my main culprit although blue slimes might be responsible. If you want to, setting up autofarms helps, especially MFR. MFR keeps its area tilled and you don't even need water. If by chances an area becomes untilled it will automatically re-till. You will be swimming in resources too so I doubt you will mind too much about one squares worth of productivity for one growth cycle. If automation is not your bag, then maybe you should upgrade your mob defences.

One of the things I appreciate most is that Dartcraft force mitts act as hoes. Saves you having to carry those things around your farm just in case.

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
Unconfirmed, but I believe it is blue slimes jumping up and down on the ground.

I've witnessed the issue and it seems it's the blue slimers. Putting a fence around doesn't help as they can jump on top of the fence and get in. The only thing I've found that works is 2 fences stacked or a 2 block high wall.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Is there water close enough?

What mod-pack, which version - if it's Ultimate 1.4.7 it's a known bug which is fixed in 1.5

Perhaps lighting? I know of one time I played vanilla, not lighting your farmland with wheat on it caused it to untile. Unless that's the known bug b0bst3r mentioned.

first stop anything from jumping on it

second make sure there is either water nearby or there is something growing on it

that takes care of the vanilla mechanics

I've witnessed the issue and it seems it's the blue slimers. Putting a fence around doesn't help as they can jump on top of the fence and get in. The only thing I've found that works is 2 fences stacked or a 2 block high wall.

Yes, I have water within 4 blocks of all the farmland. I am using a custom pack (1.5). It has lighting. And it has fences, so if the blue slimes can jump over 1 block high fences then that is probably the cause.

Mashy14

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have water within 4 blocks of all the farmland. I am using a custom pack (1.5). It has lighting. And it has fences, so if the blue slimes can jump over 1 block high fences then that is probably the cause.

Blue slimes can indeed jump over fences.

Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
gotta be blue slimes, I had the exact same problem when blue slimes were just added.
it's very annoying to find a fix against it, the cheapest way is to just make bigger walls around you farms, and be sure there are no areas where they could spawn in

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
gotta be blue slimes, I had the exact same problem when blue slimes were just added.
it's very annoying to find a fix against it, the cheapest way is to just make bigger walls around you farms, and be sure there are no areas where they could spawn in

Could also add a TC3 Iron Golem and Wood Golem for extra fun ;-) That'll teach those slimes !