Falling of the world when joining server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogimog1997

Jul 29, 2019
I used to run servers very smoothly, but then (I don't know what happened), when I logged in today I was falling of the world and stayed on y= -1 until I crashed. Other players don't have this problem. I know this has nothing to do with my internet connection because I was talking in Skype as it happened and the conversation was smooth. I thought Skype may be the source for the lag, but even after I closed it I was still falling of the world until I crash. This is about the 4th thread I open, and no body ever answers me. I'm really pissed, I bought Minecraft just so I could play FTB, and now I can't and nobody freaking helps me.
Please help me, I'm hopeless, I have no idea what's wrong with this game.

P.S. - Troubleshooting, deleting the folder (5-6 times) - DID NOTHING. Just wasted my time.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked through your old logs that are still up. I'm not sure about the throwable in the previous error log. Your most recent error log posted just this morning I've heard is caused by a program reading the files in FTB while the game is running. Thus not allowing minecraft to access them. Which Antivirus program do you have? I wonder if that might be the cause.

P.S. Not to argue or be rude, but your first post is only 3 days old on July 11th. From there you have posted twice more, both of them today. There is no need to get hostile or post a new thread because no one respond to you instantly. Please have patience and I'm sure if anyone knows the answer they will help.

Mogimog1997

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry for my hostility. I'm just really pissed off because I don't know why my problem occurs and why does it only happen to me, when the other members are playing lag free. I'm using the AVG anti-virus. I don't think that is the source of the problem, but if you have any suggestion, I'll give it a try. I have just re-installed Java JRE for the 3rd time just today, when today morning everything was running smoothly and lag free...
Anyway, I'll be very happy if you may know what to do with this case.

Edit: I am no longer falling of the world. It's just good ol' block lag where you get a block 5 minutes after you broke it, and chests will open 10 minutes after you right-clicked them. Sometimes I am falling of the world, but now it's mostly just massive lag until I crash with a log: "Internal exception: java.netSocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed". Maybe that can help you figure out.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay just to make sure what you mean when you say you've reinstalled 5 times. Did you follow this guide exactly? I believe you did, but just making sure. There are a few suggestions I've found on the web as to fixing the 'Internal exception: java.netSocketException'. AVG has been known to cause some problems with FTB, just check out the first bullet point on the guide under the 'Other USEFUL information'. Not 100% sure if this is the cause though.

1) Check to make sure you do not have any other versions of Java installed but 7u21 64bit.
2) Update bukkit if you have that on the server.
3) Try to temporarily disable your AV program. I do not like suggesting this, but it might help. Try your Firewall next.
4) Update all your drivers. Namely your NIC.
5) Did the server kick you or is the server down? I've seen some users report this when the server is down.

Just some questions to try to get a feel your situation. I'm not that good with servers, but these questions might help someone else who reads this. I'm still going to try to help though. Where is the server located? In your house or is this a pay server? The server is not running on the same computer you are trying to connect with?

Finally I know you've posted a lot of logs so far but could you post a new console log so this thread has it. Thanks.

Mogimog1997

Jul 29, 2019
1) I have Java 7u21 64-bit. 100% sure because I uninstalled every Java version from my computer, then reinstalled the latest JRE.
2) I'm not the host of the server, but don't think it's a problem with the host, because other players can login and play just fine.
3) Tried disabling AVG, didn't change anything. Still lagging like hell. I remind you - this isn't an FPS lag. This is a massive block lag.
4) My drivers are up to date.
5) The server isn't down, I was talking on Skype with my friends as they were playing and I crashed.
The server is hosted in Europe (by Creeperhost), though I'm from Israel, but other players have no lags. I am not the owner/host of the server.

Hope this helps you to figure out.

Edit: Just logged into a DvZ server, on the regular Minecraft, and I was lagging too. But that might be just this server. I haven't tried other servers, but if the other servers on Vanilla lag for me too, then the problem probably has something to do with Java, because I have a really fast Internet connection (50 MBps).

Edit 2: I'm lagging on every server, except for my own. So I gotta have a ping problem with the host of the server. Is there any way to fix that? As I've said, I have a very fast internet connection, and I didn't have this problem since I uninstalled and reinstalled Java yesterday, so the problem probably has something to do with Java. I'm 100% sure I have installed the latest Java update, so I have no idea what's wrong. When Java verifies after the installation if I have Java on my browser, it says I don't, but on the Control Panel I have Java installed.

Mogimog1997

Jul 29, 2019
I think the resolution written in the Microsoft Forums isn't relevant because there isn't a Network tab on W7, and because it's from 2006. Thanks for the try though.

Oratory

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a wireless connection, if so, thats most likely the problem. If not, you should contact or change your ISP, because the problem is your connection, assuming the fact that none else have problems connecting to the server.

Mogimog1997

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but I think the problem is with Java because as I've said countless times, I was talking in Skype as I crashed, and the conversation was smooth and with no problems at all, so if the problem was with my connection, it would affect Skype too.
I don't know what's wrong with Java or my PC or just my client, but I can say for sure it's has nothing to do with my connection.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but I think the problem is with Java because as I've said countless times, I was talking in Skype as I crashed, and the conversation was smooth and with no problems at all, so if the problem was with my connection, it would affect Skype too.
I don't know what's wrong with Java or my PC or just my client, but I can say for sure it's has nothing to do with my connection.

Well it is not a problem with your java.
Many things cause this error but judging by your description of your problem this may be the cause: port forwarding/firewall/antivirus issues, since you can connect to localhost but not other servers.

Mogimog1997

Jul 29, 2019
Well it is not a problem with your java.
Many things cause this error but judging by your description of your problem this may be the cause: port forwarding/firewall/antivirus issues, since you can connect to localhost but not other servers.
I can connect to almost any server, but I lag greatly on each of them, except for my own. I don't know what's causing it, but it didn't occur until I reinstalled Java, a few days ago.

P.S. - I tried turning my firewall off, disabling my Anti-virus, and close every program that might block access to Minecraft, but it didn't help.

Mogimog1997

Jul 29, 2019
I saw something as I was lagging on my console... I've noticed it loads items very slowly, like an item per 30 seconds. That happens after I join the server. When it loads the client itself it runs very fast.

Oratory

Jul 29, 2019
If I understood you correctly, you are using wireless connection, try connecting your computer with a wire instead, and see if that solves the problem. Untill we are 100% sure it's not the internet connection, we can not help you.
Personally i'm 99% sure it's your connection.

Mogimog1997

Jul 29, 2019
If I understood you correctly, you are using wireless connection, try connecting your computer with a wire instead, and see if that solves the problem. Untill we are 100% sure it's not the internet connection, we can not help you.
Personally i'm 99% sure it's your connection.
That was a thing I tried before even posting this thread - it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.