Fake players for Thermal Expansion 3 and OpenBlocks 1.2.5 + general docs for fake players

Vindex

Sep 22, 2013
Documentation for fake players is seriously lacking. You need 2 values for each faking mod:
- username - for OP
- full class name for MCPC

Could someone start maintaining it please? Looking all over the net is not very productive.

Please, help me with Thermal Expansion 3 (autonomous activator) and OpenBlocks (placer) - what are correct values of class name and username?

-------------------------
To share what I have:

For Thaumcraft 4 I've found here https://github.com/Azanor/thaumcraft/issues/466:
thaumcraft/common/lib/FakeThaumcraftPlayer:
username: '[FakeThaumcraftGolem]'
thaumcraft/common/lib/FakeThaumcraftPlayer:
username: '[FakeThaumcraftBore]'

Only second one seems to matter.
--------------------------
Others which work for me:
dan200/turtle/shared/TurtlePlayer:
username: '[ComputerCraft]'
buildcraft/core/proxy/CoreProxy$1:
username: '[[BuildCraft]]'
forestry/core/utils/Utils$1:
username: '[[Forestry]]'

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Be aware that opping computer craft can allow turtles to place (and craft) banned items in some cases. You are usually better to configure the world protection plugins you use to allow the fake players build access. For example if you have WorldGuard and only allow players from a certain permission group to build in the overworld __global__ region, then adding [ComputerCraft] to the overworld __global__ region is all that is required.

In my experience fake players are not restricted by Bukkit unless there is a protection plugin stepping in.

Obelisk429

Jul 29, 2019
for thermal expansion you need to trust (in the case of griefprevention) or just op [CoFH]

not sure if capitalization matters, but I always do it like that.