Failed to Verify Username

DC MiLK

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue in Brisbane for me. Stop the server, add
Code:
online-mode=false
to the server.properties file and start the server again.
It's not the best workaround and I'd recommend putting up the firewalls, but at least you can play...
Will this work on a server that is through a hosting site and will it effect anyone else on the server?

kholdstare

Jul 29, 2019
It will affect everyone on it since you'll need to restart it:
After changes are made to the server.properties file, the server must be restarted for them to take effect.
A server is a server is a server, as long as you have command-line access and can use nano/vi/emacs to edit the server.properties file (in the same place as ServerStart.sh) you should be fine :)

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
what exactly is an "old" account and what's the problem with it? i just want to make sure mine isn't janky too

From what I understand, an 'Old' minecraft account is where you nominated your username/alias and log in with that, ie..if your MineCraft persona/avatar is 'Bob', then you log in with the username 'Bob'.

The new Mojang accounts use your e-mail address as the username.

From what I understand the Mojang accounts use completely different infrastructure to handle DRM and authentication, whilst the 'old' original minecraft accounts are probably running on someone's old desktop...