Failed to Verify Username

Tayu

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I've tried:
1. Restarting the launcher
2. Deleting all of FTB Unleashed and reinstalling the whole thing.
3. Making sure java is completely up to date.
4. Authentication servers all APPEAR to be up and running

Here's a full log: http://pastebin.com/2G8pyiGF

Here's the error when I try to log in:
Disconnected by Server
Failed to verify username! [internal error java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://session.minecraft.net/game/c...rId=-8561d5328eee1fc56832f2120080d05e812204a]
Edit: The above URL is different everytime I try to log in, mind you.
What should I do now?

Brentchula

Jul 29, 2019
You're not the only one with this problem. I have tried all the steps you listed and just restarted the dedicated Multicraft server itself to no avail. To make things more confusing my buddy is currently playing on the server without issue...I don't understand how that works. I have no internet limitations, can sign in to minecraft.net just fine and am not launching on 'offline' mode. I'll repost if I make any headway

DC MiLK

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the same error code. I'm using the Unleashed pack as well. I tried restarting my server too but didn't fix anything.

Hangmanuk

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue, im in the UK so i dont know if this makes any difference. Im using the latest Direwolf20 pack.

Brentchula

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing a custom version of Monster which was working fine tonight until my internet decided to drop out.

That being said since I see posts about the use of mods such as DW20/Unleashed/Etc I doubt the mod of choice is the issue. Beyond what I previously stated I have worked with my friend to do the following:
1. Reset the player permissions as well - no dice.
2. My friend attempted to log in on my acct - no dice
3. I attempted his Acct/pass - and once again, no dice.

Darkly I agree with you, its a mojang error. Get some rest guys, hopefully they reset servers/verifications by morning. :(

DC MiLK

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well at least we know were not alone. Looks like I wont be getting my nuclear reactor done tonight.

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
reporting in as well.

mc status says it's fine, but this isn't the first time i've seen it say online when it wasn't..

Hangmanuk

Jul 29, 2019
Just thinking out loud but has anyone raised a ticket? Id do it but I cant migrate accounts from the old Minecraft site and this sites support center wont recognize my new email account :( It may speed things up if a ticket is raised :p

kholdstare

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue in Brisbane for me. Stop the server, add
Code:
online-mode=false
to the server.properties file and start the server again.
It's not the best workaround and I'd recommend putting up the firewalls, but at least you can play...

DC MiLK

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked my vanilla server and had no problem logging on. Not sure if it matters but thought I would mention it.

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue in Brisbane for me. Stop the server, add
Code:
online-mode=false
to the server.properties file and start the server again.
It's not the best workaround and I'd recommend putting up the firewalls, but at least you can play...

what exactly does this config option prevent by being set to true?

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
It stops people from logging in to the server if they don't have a real Mojang/MC account, so you can't have people playing with cracked clients.

as an unlisted server owner at least i don't have to be too worried :D

kholdstare

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, no problem for private servers! Still, I'll be changing it back when I'm done to be on the safe side. I have a healthy paranoia when it comes to security, but that's just the sysadmin in me coming out :rolleyes:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Same here, in fact this is happening often enough to be a real problem.

I am an old MineCraft player with an old MineCraft account, I have been trying for MONTHS to migrate to a Mojang account, but every attempt fails with no reason given.

Numerous messages sent via their website to support, none of which have ever been answered.

To me this sort of DRM is really starting to give me the s***s.

I guess i'll do what others have done, and turn 'online mode' to 'off' on my server settings, don't want to do it but the natives are getting restless...

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, no problem for private servers! Still, I'll be changing it back when I'm done to be on the safe side. I have a healthy paranoia when it comes to security, but that's just the sysadmin in me coming out :rolleyes:

trust me i hear ya hahaha. i have backups, unlisted, etc, but just thinking about it, i feel like i should add a password :|[DOUBLEPOST=1390210470][/DOUBLEPOST]
Numerous messages sent via their website to support, none of which have ever been answered.

what exactly is an "old" account and what's the problem with it? i just want to make sure mine isn't janky too