Factorization's Router and MFR's Deep Storage Unit

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I've to apologise for my weak google-fu, but does the router work with the DSUs assuming all the attached DSUs already have items in them?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Yes.

If you can automate it with some other method, then routers can always* do it better.

Like how they can put frames in apiaries (which is impossible to do via piping in from any side).

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, so I could use an item tesseract to feed items into a chest above a hopper that is directed to a router that is attached to a wall of DSUs and it will work? If it does, it is going to make things a lot easier for me.
Thanks for the reply. :D

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, so I could use an item tesseract to feed items into a chest above a hopper that is directed to a router that is attached to a wall of DSUs and it will work? If it does, it is going to make things a lot easier for me.
Thanks for the reply. :D

It might be better if you use translocators to convey items from the chest into the router because the hopper and chest will also be connected inventories which might interfere with putting stuff in the DSUs. Alternatively, you could use the machine filter but it can be a pain to make. Translocators don't overflow either.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion but I'll have to go with the machine filter.

Reasons being I have no shortage of materials to make that and secondly, the 1.1.4 Unleashed pack doesn't seem to have the mod in it even though it was listed as added.

P.s. Playing on a server so it's not just a download add it in manually thing. :D Still, thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to remember it once the mod is added to the server.

Reactions: casilleroatr