Factorization Router with "Overflow" chests?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I just found a nice compact way of unblocking a Router using a very small amount of room and so far its 100% effective.

1.Iron AND gate set to Items in inventory = Emit Red Pipe signal
.....snip......

This is a nice System you have there :)
Routers are fast with speed upgrades maybe it is possible to let the timer run with a smaller time frame.
I will test this design...well a word from the author Neptunpink about the future of the mod would still be nice...hopefully with a real overflow system.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Routers are fast with speed upgrades maybe it is possible to let the timer run with a smaller time frame.
I will test this design...well a word from the author Neptunpink about the future of the mod would still be nice...hopefully with a real overflow system.

A "real" overflow system is as simple as a emitting a redstone signal when there's no valid inventory for the item in its queue.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
A "real" overflow system is as simple as a emitting a redstone signal when there's no valid inventory for the item in its queue.

Nope a real over flow system is automatically ejecting it when it doesn't have a valid destination to go to.

Farkie

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry, forgot to mention I have an iron chest inbetween my incoming "Stuff" and that Router which is behind the wall so you cannie see it. When the routers "Jams" the next item goes back to the filter on the incoming chest and waits and theres little to no chance of that chest filling up within 10 seconds :)

anagran

Jul 29, 2019
I do this using 2 routers. Both with Machine Filters and bandwidth. I just use a regular filter to pull items into the first router. There's a bc gate on router number one that emits a signal if the inventory is full. Router number 1 is filtered on insert only to barrels while router number 2 is filtered to only routers. I have a not gate on router number 2 (redstone signal disables the router.) When the gate on router number one triggers, it starts a 6 second timer. The 6 seconds gives router number one enough time to rout slower items. I have a large number of barrels, you could probably get away with fewer. If the timer completes, it triggers a state cell that turns off the not gate long enough for router number 2 to extract from router 1. Router 2 also has the eject upgrade and it ejects its items into an RP2 relay which feeds it into my overflow system.

I have a large number of barrels and this seems to work great.

Reactions: 2Shy and Lathanael

Keridos

Jul 29, 2019
Is this only possible with a combination of gate and filters or multiple routers?
All these systems have the unpleasant feature to not be very fast when inserting items (like a few seconds for each item).
Would be nice to have some upgrade like always start at the first machine when a new item enters and then simply put the overflow chest at the end of the system.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
ATM Yes it is the only way. I still hope for an update of the Mod that gives some more options.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Would be nice to have some upgrade like always start at the first machine when a new item enters and then simply put the overflow chest at the end of the system.

Thoroughness works like that in newest update, not yet in packs.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Yeh Neptun Pink has postet an update. I was starting to think this mod is dead.
So i will try it again if this updates makes up for a working overflow system.

Edit...for me it is not working. Testet it like this with thoroughness
router-barrel-chest
the barrel got cobblestone
but the router puts cobble in the barrel and the chest

mischab1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a slight problem, the iron and gate emits a redpipe signal but also prevents the router from actually ejecting items into the barrel system as a redstone signal switches off a router.
So therefore, even when items are going to be sorted that are not going to overflow, the router won't do it because there are items in the inventory.

How did you make this work when I have the same setup as you!

Thanks

The iron and gate that is touching the router (#1) should be set to only emit a red pipe signal. The 2nd iron and gate at #3 receives the red pipe signal and emits a redstone signal.

Andale

Jul 29, 2019
I used a large building of separate rooms, then connected them all by making a line in the floor across the building (perpendicular to the barrel rows on first and second floors) and put 1 cobble in each of those to be hidden/ignored.

I use ender chest > filter > pipe > router
ender for obvious reasons > filter to pull by the stack (reduces performance issues over spamming transposers) > a pipe to keep the filter and ender chest from being accessible to the router > router with a transposer on the side to a differently colored ender chest that I'll pair in the front of the building so I know what needs sorted.
(Redstone pipe happened to be the first one I found, not needed.)
I thought about using 5 transposers, but I don't plan to ever set up a mass quarry so this should be fine. I might replace it with a biogas engine and a wood pipe since I produce a ton of oil.

This works well enough for 4 turtles excavating at the same time into one chest, mostly cuz turtle will keep trying to dump until they can.

If you turn the timer below 0.8 sec you'll need to delay the transposer. This could be solved with an item detector and a toggle latch, but I won't need it that fast.