Factorization Processing

Widget

Jul 29, 2019
Hello

while waiting for RP2 and any other mods that add world gen ive been playing around in creator mode

while im still unsure about setting the machines for factorization with either logistics or RP ive noticed that there are a few ores (3 - Monazite ore,lead ore and Bauxite though there may be more with more mods being added ) and while i understand these are from other mods thus why it cant process them is there away so that the grinder will give me for example 4 Baxite dust like a macerator does or lead ore giving 2 lead dusts like a pulverizer?

or should i just deal and have to set up a pulverizer for lead ore like im going to have to set up ic2 machines and for the huge array of dusts from greg tech

on another note one of the reasons i tend to stay away from thermal expansion is not the machines then selves but the way BC power operates - how the machines keep sucking power from energy cell even with no work load( or the energy cell just keeps spitting it out)

besides the obvious response or turn the machines off and on when your using them does any one else have a suggestion on how to automate it so it doesn't use/drain power when there not using them?
i guess one could focus on building a constant/renewable resource for BC engines to run from then it wouldnt matter
or logic gates some thing along the lines of when work send signal that releases power

tho i really want to use factorization

thanks in advance!

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
I am no expert, but if I recall correctly the mentioned ores are not yet in the Ore Dicitionary, meaning they can not be processed by machines not being explicitely designed to do so.
About the Cells, the energy sent out is just the compensation for energy loss in the pipes/conduits, so to stop it, you will want to build something to break and recreate one as near to the cell as possible whether or not energy is needed.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
I thought they fixed the BC machines so that in 1.3.2 and later if the machines were not operating they wouldn't suck power. You can add additional buildcraft objects mod, or the vavle pipes mod (ABO will be included in a later version of FTB), and then use gates to shut off power to machines if there is no work for them to do. I would highly suggest using gates. You can set them to stop the engine if there are no power drawing machines operating, there are a number of options. Early on however you are correct, BC engines tend to be more inefficient because they have an all or nothing power scheme, leading to the possibility of energy loss. That said using a thermal expansion pulverizer can give you additional resources, like gold and silver, while dong the same things as a normal macerator (pulverizing copper, tin or lead, I think)