Factorization: Power source

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
aight... using DW20 1.5. just trying to power a factorization battery with I guess needs to be a steam turbine? I put it on top of a infinate water source, I put a mirror next to it and it doesn't do squat as well the mirror doesn't recognize the steam turbine. What am I doing wrong?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use the solar boiler with mirrors. The steam turbine goes on top the the solar boiler to produce power. You can also use railcraft steam to power the steam turbine.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The device used to be one block in 1.4.7 but got split up into two in 1.5. The steam turbine now only exists to convert steam into charge (the Factorization power unit). What you need is also a way to make steam. This can come from a Railcraft boiler, or from Factorization's own solar boiler. That's the thing that needs to go on top of a water source and paired with mirrors now. The turbine goes on top of the solar boiler, IIRC, or you can use pipes/liquiducts to transport the steam.

EDIT: natch, sniped!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I just used PowerConverters for my FZ power this time, my machine room is all underground and I want to keep my surface base un-cluttered. Besides, I set up a huge bowl of mirrors in my last world and didn't fancy doing it again.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You could just attach a liquid tesseract to your boiler on send mode and your steam turbine (fz) on another liquid tesseract on receive mode.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You could just attach a liquid tesseract to your boiler on send mode and your steam turbine (fz) on another liquid tesseract on receive mode.
Would a liquiduct work? To be honest when I did my Power Converters thing I had forgotten that FZ had a solar boiler and steam turbine, I used the direct solar generator in my last world. I could have used my existing steam set-up this time. I might re-jig it that way, if I can put the converters into the Uncrafting Table. If not, they stay.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my liquiducts to connect to the steam turbine. I have a nice Railcraft boiler going producing lots of steam, but I can't make the steam turbine accept it. ANyone know why?

TheUnholyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my liquiducts to connect to the steam turbine. I have a nice Railcraft boiler going producing lots of steam, but I can't make the steam turbine accept it. ANyone know why?
Double-tap it with a wrench. First tap sets it to Out Arrow and connects the pipe. Second tap will set it right.