Factorization: Is it really worth it?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of the item routers and the servos. The servos are far too complicated for anyone to use as is and there does not seem to be any sort of documentation on the matter. The best thing we've got is the FTB wiki and the forum post. Neither of which have any explanation whatsoever on how to deal with these things. Until people actually know how to use something it's absolutely useless.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of the item routers and the servos. The servos are far too complicated for anyone to use as is and there does not seem to be any sort of documentation on the matter. The best thing we've got is the FTB wiki and the forum post. Neither of which have any explanation whatsoever on how to deal with these things. Until people actually know how to use something it's absolutely useless.
Exactly what I am talking about. All the information on servos is somewhere within Neptunepink's head and nowhere else. If he just documented the mod more people would use it a lot more.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
If you look on forgecraft streams, it doesn't seem like even the other modders know what's going on with it as none of them use it. So either there's absolutely no bugs with the version they have(Which is completely impossible.) or they don't know how to use it.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I really liked it for the router. I don't think there is anything else that can replace it's functionality. The uses of it are endless along with its versatility, it is a very powerful block. For example, having hundreds of igneous extruders, you could just use that single router for all of them. It didn't create too much lag either. It's a real disappointment that routers will be removed. I just hope someone can make another mod similar to it :(

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
The only things I've ever used frequently from Factorization is the slag furnace if I don't have enough quartz dust for a grind stone, and the barrels. Unfortunately it's not made the cut for my latest custom packs.

I thought Slag Furnace is much useless unless you have the rest of FZ ore processing setup since it burned twice fuel, not doubling output and bonus output can only use in FZ machine, am I missing something here?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I thought Slag Furnace is much useless unless you have the rest of FZ ore processing setup since it burned twice fuel, not doubling output and bonus output can only use in FZ machine, am I missing something here?

It randomly doubles the output. It's a nice setup for early game but highly unreliable. It's not really used anymore since we have the grindstone now.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the silky barrel allows you to keep what's in the inventory, but you need a silk touch tool (idk what) to pick it up. (replaced by the dolly from JABBA)

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019

No documentation you say?
How about this?
Link is from FZ Minecraft Forum page.

The power system is just a pain to use most of the time and you don't get much out of it in the end except the ability to triple your ores which takes FAR too long for anyone in their right mind to use. On the servers I've played on, I've only ever seen people using it for Cobalt/Ardite because that's extremely rare and useful, never for anything else. Honestly it just seems like the only reason you can triple your ores is to try and pull people into Factorization because no other mod does that.

Getting ~2.8x output require you to only use Lacerator and slag furnace. Don't tell me that automating that is in any way hard. If you clean dirty chunks it's 3x. With crystallizer it's 3.6x.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
I do think routers can be replaced with vwse's factory manager well I mean sure its another GUI based sorting/crafting system but i think it does what the router does

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
No documentation you say?
How about this?
Link is from FZ Minecraft Forum page.

Getting ~2.8x output require you to only use Lacerator and slag furnace. Don't tell me that automating that is in any way hard. If you clean dirty chunks it's 3x. With crystallizer it's 3.6x.

"I'm sorry, I'm not a programmer. I have no idea what the heck a boolean is. How do I use this mod?" is exactly what half the users of this mod are saying.

It is indeed hard to automate the crystallizer. Everything has to be in the exact slot for things to work and there is no way to pick a slot when using pipes, tubes, or anything else!

Well, if the router is going away FZ is pretty much dead. TC4 just replaced the Wrath Lamp.
I do think routers can be replaced with vwse's factory manager well I mean sure its another GUI based sorting/crafting system but i think it does what the router does

Exactly my point! Everything that factorization does, another mod does even better!

essenceoflove

Jul 29, 2019
I rarely post anything. When I do it's usually questions. I wont go into reasons. The first page of this post is informative, inviting, and shares ideas without all the extra unnecessary content. Thank you everyone on the first page. I jumped from 1.5.2 to 1.6.4. There are many new possibilities with factorization, yet I don't know how to use them because I cant find information or sufficient information on it. I love wrath lamps, but I don't even know how to make a packet for diamond shards now. Hmm, this post wasn't suppose to lead to a question, just a thank you to everyone on the first page.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
the recipes have changed to make diamond shards
you need a block of diamond
a tnt
lever or redstone torch
place diamond block next to tnt activate tnt gives you 9 shards

Reactions: essenceoflove

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
the recipes have changed to make diamond shards
you need a block of diamond
a tnt
lever or redstone torch
place diamond block next to tnt activate tnt gives you 9 shards
Actually it gives you 18 shards. Enough for a couple of lacerators and a few wrath igniters.

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
"I'm sorry, I'm not a programmer. I have no idea what the heck a boolean is. How do I use this mod?" is exactly what half the users of this mod are saying.

Is using google to find out hard? I've not seen complaints like this when it came to RP2 computers for example. It's not obligatory part of the mod.

It is indeed hard to automate the crystallizer. Everything has to be in the exact slot for things to work and there is no way to pick a slot when using pipes, tubes, or anything else!

Have you actually used FZ ore processing? No one is forcing you to go through the entire process. If you just use Lacerator and Slag Furnace you still get 2.8x worth of your ore. Automating that is like placing an item conduit or couple of translocators.

Exactly my point! Everything that factorization does, another mod does even better!

Everything IC2 does tons of mods do better.

What's the point of this thread anyway? It's like you're trying to convince yourself not to use FZ.

I personally don't care if it's inefficient, or if other mods do same things better. FZ has been in my top 3 favorite mods for a long time beacuase it's unique. It does have a flavor on it's own and it's not trying to copy anyone.
I'm having fun with this mod and it's what i care about. If you don't then don't use it. It's a game after all. If you're not having fun then what's the point?

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
So if the router is truly being dropped from Fac. I wonder how long until someone makes a "replacement" mod with only a router in it? I know I'd install it in my instance asap.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It is the same reason I'll bang my head against the rotary-craft wall over and over again until I've got it automated from end to end.

Ah, someone who speaks directly to my gaming soul :)

I like complicated, open-ended, multi-path stuff. What I enjoy most from modded MC is figuring out how stuff works and then figuring out how to make it better (with other mods).

Reactions: SynfulChaot

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any replacements for BC's pipes, pipe wires and gate system with facade (or facade-like) support?
I kind of like using it in combination with my MFR auto-spawner setup so I do not need to enter the spawning room unless I want to switch the exact mode on/off.
I could it it to pipe in the safari net, pipe a safari net out, a redstone in/off system as well as automated lights to let me know if the auto-spawner is occupied or not. Also, if the spawner is occupied, it wouldn't allow you to pipe in another net.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk