Extreme lag then crash.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
it could be and if it is then the problem would not show up in a superflat world, which you seem to not know how to make so i will tell you :) go to create new world, go to more world options, and click on the world types button and put it on super flat. you can also enable cheats and bonus chest. then just create the world and you now have a superflat world. also you should select creative in stead of survival on the world nameing page and just derp around with some mods while you are seeing if it crashes.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Thanks. I'll try that tonight. If the forest turns out to be the problem, my only option is to move my base?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
But yeah, redwood forest can take a toll on your machine, if you are using "fancy" graphics, because of the tons of leaves that need to be rendered.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using fast graphics. Could the forest still be the problem?

I've been messing around on a super flat world. So far no lag or crashes. And I have a ton of blazes spawning.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
i was thinking that it was leaf rendering issues, since they are transparent in the redwood forests and other such biomes which are really common and being in a redwood forest can cause massive ram usage and can cause memory leaks after a while. and i was thinking of mystcraft, i think i seen in the log a mystcraft world being mentioned and i know from experience that having alot of mystcraft worlds will cause problems, and going in and out of dimensions for somereason causes massive memory leaks and i would assume that things like carts or chunk loaders in mystcraft worlds would cause the same effect. if the crash happens on a superflat world with neither of thoes things or anything else mod related really that could cause crashes then it would probably, but not definitely, be a lot more complicated to solve as it could be java issues or anything really outside of the game itself. it might be something as stupid simple as turning the graphics to fast or something.

This is EXACTLY what happens to me. Anything leafy in large volumes = severe fps "lag" for me, so jungle biomes, redwood forests and any prolonged periods of wandering around in TF result in the fps slowly getting worse and worse before the memory leaks start where all blocks suddenly change texture and go all rainbow colours, GUI goes all messed up etc and finally crashes the game if I don't reboot it beforehand.

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using fast graphics. Could the forest still be the problem?

I've been messing around on a super flat world. So far no lag or crashes. And I have a ton of blazes spawning.
you can move, or you can burn the forest to the ground.

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, seing as he lags to the point of crash with normal gameplay, all that fire would probably burn his computer too.
it is the visual rendering that kills his computer so if he put a chunk loader in the forest and lit it on fire and he left and went like 200 blocks away it shouldn't crash. or he could turn on open gl and just look away as with that on it doesn't render chunks you are not looking at.

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
but, if you can't burn it down or blow it up using a mining laser then if your world isn't too big i could take it and put it on my computer and burn down the forest for you because i have a really good computer. or you could just move your whole base to be far away from a redwood forest.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try burning it down. I really don't want to lose my world. I'm not incredibly far in but for my standards I'm doing pretty good.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Well, long story short. Last time I played on the world I had to make a new nether portal from the nether to get home. It sent me some 6000 meters from my home. When I just logged on now it turns out my waypoints got reset. All I have is the stuff in my inventory and no way of finding my home. Time to start a new world. lol
GG

LOL. nvm. Turns out Portal gun is OP. lol

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
Well, long story short. Last time I played on the world I had to make a new nether portal from the nether to get home. It sent me some 6000 meters from my home. When I just logged on now it turns out my waypoints got reset. All I have is the stuff in my inventory and no way of finding my home. Time to start a new world. lol
GG

LOL. nvm. Turns out Portal gun is OP. lol
haha....lol

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I had a portal set up in my chest room and one in my mine. 50/50 shot. Either way i'm close to my home.[DOUBLEPOST=1362436673][/DOUBLEPOST]So, after about 20 minutes or so of experimenting with the laser the forest isn't even close to being gone. But I haven't been lagging and I haven't crashed. So thanks for the advice guys.

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
I had a portal set up in my chest room and one in my mine. 50/50 shot. Either way i'm close to my home.[DOUBLEPOST=1362436673][/DOUBLEPOST]So, after about 20 minutes or so of experimenting with the laser the forest isn't even close to being gone. But I haven't been lagging and I haven't crashed. So thanks for the advice guys.
np:)

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
Hello OP. Not sure if you've solved your problem yet, but I had a similar problem and this fixed it:

Make sure you don't have two versions of Java installed (Java 6 and Java 7, for example).
If you have Java 6 installed, or some old version, uninstall it, then install the newest one from the website. Make sure its 64 bit.
Restart your computer

Your game should run a lot better and be crash free!

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
If you still have the problem after all this you should try to set the permgen space higher like Amblydoper said. I was getting some lag like that and it fixed mine. Also the memory leaking seems to be tied to reis minimap and waypoints. Deleting the waypoints in the different dimension will stop that "world" from persisting and reduce the memory leaks. I stopped using waypoints and instead just record the x,y cords in an ingame book.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Well. Looks like I spoke too soon. Just crashed while changing the sound on the game. -_-