Extra Cells ... crafting with fluids?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I got a 1k cell devoted to lava. I am trying to make lava stone (also have chisel). The recipe calls for 1 bucket of lava in the center, and 8 smooth stone around.

I am having a hard time figuring how how to autocraft the lava bucket, so that I can just add the specified amount I want.

The fluid crafting chamber I have made, but not sure what to do with it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I got a 1k cell devoted to lava. I am trying to make lava stone (also have chisel). The recipe calls for 1 bucket of lava in the center, and 8 smooth stone around.

I am having a hard time figuring how how to autocraft the lava bucket, so that I can just add the specified amount I want.

The fluid crafting chamber I have made, but not sure what to do with it.
Not tried it out yet actually, but think you just make a pattern with the Pattern Encoder and put it in the crafting chamber. So do a "Lava bucket+bucket = lava bucket" pattern and put it in the fluid crafting chamber and I would think it would work. Not sure though.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Not tried it out yet actually, but think you just make a pattern with the Pattern Encoder and put it in the crafting chamber. So do a "Lava bucket+bucket = lava bucket" pattern and put it in the fluid crafting chamber and I would think it would work. Not sure though.

That's what I got the pattern as, but it won't let me put the encoded pattern in the fluid crafting thingie

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That's what I got the pattern as, but it won't let me put the encoded pattern in the fluid crafting thingie
Ahh I think I figured out why it wont work. The Fluid crafting chambers are made to craft real items with fluids. It does this my translating any containers in the pattern containing fluids as just the fluid. By having a fluid in the output you might be trying to tell it to craft a fluid out of a bucket and some fluid.

What you should do is put in the pattern for the Lava stone(with the lava bucket) into the Fluid Crafting Chamber. The whole deal with the fluid crafting chamber is to skip the bucket step and just craft directly with fluids.

Reactions: GreenZombie

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ahh I think I figured out why it wont work. The Fluid crafting chambers are made to craft real items with fluids. It does this my translating any containers in the pattern containing fluids as just the fluid. By having a fluid in the output you might be trying to tell it to craft a fluid out of a bucket and some fluid.

What you should do is put in the pattern for the Lava stone(with the lava bucket) into the Fluid Crafting Chamber. The whole deal with the fluid crafting chamber is to skip the bucket step and just craft directly with fluids.
Yep, that's correct. You also need to remove any pattern for the lava stone you might have had in the MAC, since those have precedence over the patterns in the fluid crafting chamber.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if there's a way to autocraft filled containers from empty ones. I don't want to have to use autonomous activators for that.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You can set up a fluid transpose to fill buckets, but other than that, I have no idea.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Yep, that's correct. You also need to remove any pattern for the lava stone you might have had in the MAC, since those have precedence over the patterns in the fluid crafting chamber.

That worked. Also works well for tesseracts as well :D