Exporting exact number of item

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently setting up an AE network for automating most of the task. For example, I want the industrial electrolyzer automatically process any sodalite dust in the system. However I have a problem for it. I use export bus so it will automatically put the sodalite into the electrolyzer. But since you need 23 sodalite for 1 operation, any remaining sodalite will jam the electrolyzer and prevent me to do other tasks. Is that possible to export only a pre-set number of item to the machine? In other word, it will only export exactly 23 sodalite dust to the electrolyzer.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of exporting use an interface and recipe for one of the results.
Then use an export bus on crafting mode to create demand for the result.

Should do what you want.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently setting up an AE network for automating most of the task. For example, I want the industrial electrolyzer automatically process any sodalite dust in the system. However I have a problem for it. I use export bus so it will automatically put the sodalite into the electrolyzer. But since you need 23 sodalite for 1 operation, any remaining sodalite will jam the electrolyzer and prevent me to do other tasks. Is that possible to export only a pre-set number of item to the machine? In other word, it will only export exactly 23 sodalite dust to the electrolyzer.

Not really. You'll probably have to set up a seperate AE system with a level emitter that triggers an import bus from your main system.

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019

Should do what you want.

But when you have two or more item need to be exported to the electrolyzer in exact number, it won't work. For example, consider you want to export 23 sodalite (for 4 sodium cell) and 2 ash (for 1 carbon cell) automatically, the crafting will queue up and the moment that one of the resources is missing (say out of ash), ALL other export will not do its work because it is waiting for a "missing resources" (ash in this case)[DOUBLEPOST=1367381957][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not really. You'll probably have to set up a seperate AE system with a level emitter that triggers an import bus from your main system.

I think level emiiter does not stop immediately for that. It can export item a little bit more than the amount which still jams the electrolyzer

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019

Should do what you want.
This won't do what they want even in the simple case, actually. The external recipes don't wait to have all the necessary ingredients before sending out what is already in storage, so you wind up with the exact same situation as using an export bus - a partial recipe clogging up the system.

AE's author has said that there will be a solution for this problem in a future version: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-10-i-and-rv-9-i/page__st__1340#entry22196830. Unfortunately, for now you need to either use something from another mod to fill the gap (for example, I think gregtech advanced regulators will do the job, or you can do it with RP2 stuff in a more complicated fashion if you don't want to spend additional energy on it) or use separate machines for processing things that are prone to clogging like this.

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I managed to do what you are trying is to use a Redpower Sorting Machine. I have AE supply a chest with all the dusts and what not and then I had Redpower pull out the exact amount. I then have AE pull the results out of the machine

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019
This won't do what they want even in the simple case, actually. The external recipes don't wait to have all the necessary ingredients before sending out what is already in storage, so you wind up with the exact same situation as using an export bus - a partial recipe clogging up the system.

AE's author has said that there will be a solution for this problem in a future version: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-10-i-and-rv-9-i/page__st__1340#entry22196830. Unfortunately, for now you need to either use something from another mod to fill the gap (for example, I think gregtech advanced regulators will do the job, or you can do it with RP2 stuff in a more complicated fashion if you don't want to spend additional energy on it) or use separate machines for processing things that are prone to clogging like this.

How stupid I am when I am not looking for a Gregtech way to automate Gregtech machine. Yes, the advanced regulator works like a charm. Thank you very much

Though next question is how I wire up the whole staff that does not look messy