Problem Exit Code 0 while trying to launch OceanBlock

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

JPK205

Oct 7, 2021
Everytime i start OceanBlock in the launcher, the launcher disappears for a second and then the error message Exit Code 0 is displayed. The game won't even start to launch.

I already tried starting every other versions of OceanBlock and also updated Java to the latest version.
Nothing seems to fix this.

Please help :|

Sephzer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so I have been having the exact same issue with about 2 of the latest modpacks from FTB (FTB Univeristy 1.16/OceanBlock).

Thankfully, I have found a fix for FTB University so hopefully, this will work for you as well. I will try and test this with OceanBlock as well as it's something I really want to try out as well.

It looks as though the issue is with the way FTB downloads/unpacks the files into the vanilla launcher. I have scanned the logs and I can't seem to narrow down the exact issue so something is not quite right. Here's what I did next.

1. Downloaded the files via the FTB app like normal.
2. Clicked Play
3. In the vanilla launcher, go to Installations > Click on the folder icon next to the installation (in your case, OceanBlock) to open the folder
4. Run installer.jar and let minecraft forge unpack itself (close down the installer afterwards).
5. Copy the entire folder to somewhere else on your machine
6. Open the vanilla Minecraft Launcher program (no FTB etc)
7. You should see a version of forge installed from the previous step (note, it will not be called OceanBlock or have the same logo)
8. Click play and make sure it launches, you should have 2 mods installed (MC and Forge only)
9. Open the vanilla launcher again and go to Installations > Click on the folder icon next to the forge installation
10. Copy and paste everything from your modded MC (OceanBlock) into this directory, if Windows tells you that there are files with the same name, KEEP the original files in there.
11. Go back to the vanilla launcher Installations > Forge > . . . > Edit > More Options > Change -Xmx2G to -Xmx5G (5GB RAM) as recommended, 2G is not enough for this modpack
12. Click Save
13. Click Play and everything should load up fine

Obviously when there are updates it might be a bit more tricky to update everything but so far I've managed to load a new world just fine. I'll try and load up OceanBlock to see if fixes this as well.

Good luck!

Reactions: Phifas

Phifas

Dec 10, 2021
Hey, so I have been having the exact same issue with about 2 of the latest modpacks from FTB (FTB Univeristy 1.16/OceanBlock).

Good luck!

Thank you for giving such clear instructions. It helped me get Oceanblock to run. Thanks!