Exception in your mac launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason you have version 1.1.4, the latest version is 1.1.7, try downloading it again and launch it by double clicking.

Airolf

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry but no I am on 1.1.7 :(
1356517491-capture-d-ecran-2012-12-26-a-11-24-12.png

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I guess they forgot to change the version in the log. I've never seen this error before. Try deleting all the files it created since the error occurred when it was loading the moadpack xml the cache may be corrupt especially since the method it crashed on is getTextContent() and that's part of the modpack loading code. And looking through the code it only catches DOMExceptions when loading the modpacks.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Try reinstalling java, if that doesn't work just let me know, I used the source code on github to create a patch that removes all .getTextContent() calls, however this also means that neither the launcher nor modpacks will update since they're coded into the launcher itself. I'm also not sure if I'm allowed to post links to modified versions of the launcher here.

Reactions: Airolf

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about the wait, I hadn't been on the forums in a few days. Here's the launcher with all getTextContent() calls removed, if you keep getting AbstractMethodErrors then I can just remove whatever other calls your java installation doesn't support.

MindTooth

Jan 6, 2013
Care to try this: Removed

Just compiled fresh from source on Mountain Lion.

Mod edit: Please to do not redistribute the launcher jar via links or attachments. Thank you Rob.

Airolf

Jul 29, 2019
The same fu..... error but need terminal for launch it like
java -jar FTB_Launcher.jar

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't upload for some reason... Here it is, no idea why it didn't upload in my last post.

Mod edit: Please to do not redistribute the launcher jar via links or attachments. Thank you Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.