Whitelist Server European Monster 1.1.2 whitelist small teamplay/community server - Somewhat different

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

SebastianMM

Jul 29, 2019
Monster 1.1.2 (note the .2, you probably have to change it in the dropdown in FTB Launcher. You can find it to the left of the Pack Codes ).
We also have a TeamSpeak3 community server

active Mods:
all standard mods

Additionally you'll have to activate a map of your choice. I recommend a combination of Zan's Minimap and Opis 1.2.2
As texture pack I recommend Sphax PureBDcraft ( http://bdcraft.net/purebdcraft-minecraft )

deactivated Mods and stuff:
- GeoStrata (messes up the aesthetics and is overpowered)
- Taintspread is deactivated (I hate it when a beautiful place for a build is ruined by taint)

This is a newbie friendly server for mature gamers. Actually I enjoy showing new players how stuff works (I'm definitely no pro myself, but I know a bit of this and that ;-)

If you are searching for a server where you can build your own base and play alone - read no further this is NOT the server for you.
You want to be creative, have fun and be part of a tight knit, friendly community working on aesthetic builds? Then you have come to the right place !

I just started the server (july 10.) and if you join now, you are there from the very beginning and possibly will be able to take some influence in the evolution of the server.
This is a very small server for people who actively play _together_ and pool resources, knowledge and time to see something grow.

I'm aiming for a tight knit community of _very_ active players working mainly on community projects. Not simply people who tolerate each others presence and do their own thing mainly. (Had that too often in the past.)
You can tinker with your own base when there is no community project running (there will be one running often) or no one else is online, but the main goal of this server is the community aspect!
So no "I'll build my own base first and then join the community project" or "I will provide resources, but else leave me alone" or stuff like that.

I will definitely not whitelist everyone who applies - and after whitelisting I will see if the playingstyle actually matches the vision for this server. If it does not I will de-whistelist after a few hours because in the past I had a lot of people who did not understand or care about the vision and/or server rules.
This all may seem a bit harsh but I want to play on a server that is my refuge from a very taxing job and I want to have teamplay fun!

What I look for in players:
I'm looking for teamplayers: that means actually playing as a team. Not everyone for himself, but all together.
What I like:
- teamups in general
- team dungeon delving and exploring
- little by little building a nice looking community town as a team
- having a nice chat with laid-back people (and don't tell me your mic is broken...)
- building themed areas (for example a pirate cove, hobbit village, medieval town with castle, tribal ork village, dungeon, unseen university, etc....)

I want a naturally looking world without big building scars and a relatively undisturbed landscape. I like the nature aspect of the game. That does not mean there will be no tech, just place it hidden.
That means the builds will be in a naturally looking world (think Viking, hobbit/discworld with steampunk, tech and magic and you will be fine) and I try to transfer my ethic beliefs in the games as much as possible.
For example some of the things I don't want to have on this server:
- PVP, stealing or other griefing
- hacks or cheatmods
- spam or _excessive_ swearing (I'm not prude, but I want to have fun) on the chat
- killing animals/mobs in machines for xp or mob essence.
- killing villagers
- destroying the landscape and ruining the view for everyone else
- personal mythcraft ages (creating ages only on special ocassions with admin consent)
- powerplaying (just racing to for ever more powerful tech or magic is simply no fun at all. I like a leisurely gameplay experience. That does not mean you have to live forever in a mudhouse or cave!)
- quarrys (if you absolutely need something like that, perhaps we can negotiate an enderquarry deal in a mining age) or other lag inducing contraptions like most mobfarms or automated farming or stuff like that.
- nanosuits & powersuits (they're just ugly and overpowered fun killers)

Other rules:
- What an admin says is law
- The rules may be changed without any warning by the staff team and that it is up to you to check the rules here regularly (changes will be highlighted)
- Try avoid flattening land for your build and build aesthetically
- Do not mess up the coastlines. If you need sand travel far or even better use a pulverizer or macerator.
- Replant all trees harvested with same type
- Keep your Plants above ground and livestock free range
- no mob farms: they tend to lag the server and the last endermen farm I allowed messed up the end in a way that I had to delete it because no one who entered the end was able to log in the game again without crashing it immediately.
- Don't plant a holy rubber tree sapling or any other holy tree (It can crash the server)
- Don't use Qcraft! It can crash the server
- Don't use Buildcraft Pipes, they can cause servere login problems for you and other players
- Don't use harvesters, they lag the game
- chunkloaders are restricted to community areas (will be placed by admin, you have to ask for that)

IP: 78.143.15.9:25565
or
IP: 78.143.15.9:25665
Sometimes it switches after a restart for no reason...
RAM 6144 MB
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz (12 Cores)
Uplink: 1000 Mbit

To join just post a comment below!

Desired infos:
Name:
Minecraft name:
What are you planning to do on this server? :
How Long have you been playing Minecraft FTB? (Beginners are definitely welcome, this is just me being curious) :
How much time will you be able to spend on the server? :
Will you be able to get along with people on the server? :
What could you bring into the community? :
Please repeat the core rules and goals of this server in your own words? :
Do you support the core rules and goals of this server? :
Timezone :
Do you have teamspeak and a decent headset? :
Extra Information :
And if you write a few sentences why, of all servers, you want to join this one it will help a lot:

I'm looking forward to meet you!
Sebastian

Last edited:

SebastianMM

Jul 29, 2019
Since I force no one to play on my server I don't think that should be a problem because I am looking for people I don't have to force to play in a team. Clever, huh ;-)

Last edited:

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Name:Jeff
Minecraft name:shadowquinn1974
What are you planning to do on this server? :Learn, play, joke and have good times.
How Long have you been playing Minecraft FTB? (Beginners are definitely welcome, this is just me being curious) :Been playing FTB since 1.2.5
How much time will you be able to spend on the server? :5+
Will you be able to get along with people on the server? :Of course
What could you bring into the community? :Good chats, fun times, more then happy to help others if I can.
Please repeat the core rules and goals of this server in your own words? :play as a team, Build as one. Don't be stupid and steal and grief from others.
Do you support the core rules and goals of this server? :Yes very musch
Timezone :USA EST
Do you have teamspeak and a decent headset? :Sure do
Extra Information :I am jsut an old man that loves to play this game
And if you write a few sentences why, of all servers, you want to join this one it will help a lot:I have yet to play the monster pack and after reading your post, well it just sounds like the kind of server I like, small tight knit and fun.

Karhn

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Cam
Minecraft name: Karhn
What are you planning to do on this server? : Look to join/start a small village and get involved with the community builds
How Long have you been playing Minecraft FTB? (Beginners are definitely welcome, this is just me being curious) : Back when it was just a map and before the launcher came out
How much time will you be able to spend on the server? : Should be able to be online most days for several hours
Will you be able to get along with people on the server? : Easy going and prefer to work with other anyway
What could you bring into the community? : Friendly attitude, hopefully some new ideas for builds
Please repeat the core rules and goals of this server in your own words? : Keep things natural, tidy, interact with other players and be respectful
Do you support the core rules and goals of this server? : Of course, nothing worse than having to walk across the map with flowing water everywhere and huge quarried holes.
Timezone : GMT +0 UK
Do you have teamspeak and a decent headset? : Decent headset and can easily download teamspeak
Extra Information : Eager builder
And if you write a few sentences why, of all servers, you want to join this one it will help a lot: I'm mainly looking to join because I'm interested in a heavily social server, it seems to be a rare thing to find as most seem to play as if it was single player with a chat log. As I enjoy building the most in minecraft I'm further swayed by the idea of community builds and themes.

SebastianMM

Jul 29, 2019
Karhn: You're added :)[DOUBLEPOST=1405036189][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I got it. Seems some mods were more resistant to deletion than others. So it's only geostrata right now that's deactivated.
Activate the others and you should be able to join :)
Will work on the rest of the problem later :)

SebastianMM

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, It works now :)
Fore some reason the IP changed after a restart, that's what caused the problems.
The new one is IP: 78.143.15.9:25665

Last edited:

Karhn

Jul 29, 2019
Great fun and small community server. Refreshing to be on a server that promotes working as a team

SebastianMM

Jul 29, 2019
We're ready to begin the first real community build now.
So if anyone wants to join, now is a good time to do it :)

Russdee75

Jul 29, 2019
name: gavin
ign: Russdee
planning to do: join in and create a nice server
playing minecraft: well i remember when nether portals didnt work.. and the days of trying to get mods to work together before forge came along
time to spend: if my ping isnt horrible it would be 3 or 4 hours most evenings
able to get along?: i have not had a problem on open servers.. possibly due to being helpful to others
bring to the community: not sure on this one. i have a fair amount of experience with a lot of the mods and with building themed areas, i also like to keep the world looking natural and hide the tech where possible
core rules in my own words: work with the community to make natural looking builds, dont be an ass to anyone, teach people how to do stuff if they dont know and keep it mature and friendly
do i support the rules: yes i dont like ugly worlds or unfair gameplay
timezone: GMT
TS+headset: i have TS3 but im not a whizz at getting it working. new headset tho so cant use that ol' it doesnt work excuse
other info: builder not a breaker
why this server: would like to go back to playing with a small group i can trust like i used to with my mates.. who arent playing atm. dont like open servers as there is always someone breaking stuff and you cant get on with those big builds together.

oops forgot to say: i only build legit.. no summoned in stacks of blocks for me plz

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OP: Your initial message is mostly duplicated for some reason. Intentional?

I'm not applying, but I'm genuinely curious: is there a place on this server for non-builders? (Builders in this case referring to people who focus on aesthetic structures, rather than people interested in the mods themselves)

SebastianMM

Jul 29, 2019
name: gavin
ign: Russdee
planning to do: join in and create a nice server
playing minecraft: well i remember when nether portals didnt work.. and the days of trying to get mods to work together before forge came along
time to spend: if my ping isnt horrible it would be 3 or 4 hours most evenings
able to get along?: i have not had a problem on open servers.. possibly due to being helpful to others
bring to the community: not sure on this one. i have a fair amount of experience with a lot of the mods and with building themed areas, i also like to keep the world looking natural and hide the tech where possible
core rules in my own words: work with the community to make natural looking builds, dont be an ass to anyone, teach people how to do stuff if they dont know and keep it mature and friendly
do i support the rules: yes i dont like ugly worlds or unfair gameplay
timezone: GMT
TS+headset: i have TS3 but im not a whizz at getting it working. new headset tho so cant use that ol' it doesnt work excuse
other info: builder not a breaker
why this server: would like to go back to playing with a small group i can trust like i used to with my mates.. who arent playing atm. dont like open servers as there is always someone breaking stuff and you cant get on with those big builds together.

oops forgot to say: i only build legit.. no summoned in stacks of blocks for me plz

I added you to the whitelist :)
On this server nothing will be summoned. Everything will be done by hand :)
Looking forward to meet you![DOUBLEPOST=1405714208][/DOUBLEPOST]
OP: Your initial message is mostly duplicated for some reason. Intentional?

I'm not applying, but I'm genuinely curious: is there a place on this server for non-builders? (Builders in this case referring to people who focus on aesthetic structures, rather than people interested in the mods themselves)

Sure there's a place for non-builders as long as they're able to play along in the team :)
Thanks for mentioning the duplication - that was unintentional.

Reactions: Pyure

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Khaylen
Minecraft name: Skvapter
What are you planning to do on this server? : Make friends, have fun and hopefully build some really cool things!
How Long have you been playing Minecraft FTB? (Beginners are definitely welcome, this is just me being curious) : A while, but to be honest, I'm still learning A LOT of mods.
How much time will you be able to spend on the server? : I'm frequently free during after-school times so I expect at this moment up to 5 hours minimum.
Will you be able to get along with people on the server? : Yes, I'm a very sociable person and I try my best to get one peoples' good side so that I can eventually become their friend and we could (hopefully) build and make some really neat things!
What could you bring into the community? : I have an extensive imagination and I'm really passionate about taking an image and trying to reconstruct it within FTB. It's hard to do and I've not had much practice, but I thought it'd be amazing if I could collaborate with people from the server and see if they had ideas of their own and try and create theirs! I'm really a lover of building.
Please repeat the core rules and goals of this server in your own words? : To be kind to one another, and not steal, kill or take anything from others, also to not destroy landscape. Avoid power-playing as it presents no fun at all, but by no means be a hobbit all your life! If you really require so many resources then ask to negotiate a deal for so, do not just do as you please with such a lag-inducer. And nano/power suits are the essential ingredient to fun-killing, so let's get rid of those!

A warming community full of cooperating and collaboration, none of the scrooge stuff, the server's goal is to have active players working together on community builds/projects, it's all about the server's community aspect!
Do you support the core rules and goals of this server? : Yes, I agree with them, and I really think this is the kind of place I'd like to step foot in because of so.
Timezone : UTC Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.
Do you have teamspeak and a decent headset? : I do have TS but not exactly a decent headset, though, I will be buying one relatively soon.
Extra Information : --
And if you write a few sentences why, of all servers, you want to join this one it will help a lot: I'm very passionate about building (as said.) I really love bringing people into a group and putting our imagination into creation. It's really great to see a community build together in harmony and not just some scrooges taking up all of the land & confining themselves to their golden thrones of loneliness.

SebastianMM

Jul 29, 2019
Skvapter, I added yoou to the whitelist :)
Community build right now is a viking/medieval village
Looking forward to meet you!