Error when creating a new world

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaufman1

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Macbook Air or Mac OS X.This is launcher v1.2.2

I download the launcher and all goes well and I see the Minecraft screen pop up. So I go to singleplayer, create a new world and as it is loading my computer freezes and the screen says "Internal server error, shutting down" Does it matter if my regular Minecraft is on 1.5 and I am trying to do Mindcrack 1.4.7 modpack? Thanks for the help, I really want to play but can't...

This is my entire console/launcher data thing: (Bottom is where it messes up)

http://pastebin.com/KfsegLV7

Thank you!

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just take a stab in the dark.
The mac wonderfix seems to help alot of people
Try adding this under Options > Advanced Settings > Additional Java Parameters
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m or -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
And updating your graphics drivers couldn't hurt.
Both of them long shots though probably won't help i guess.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
When you start the launcher there is a tab called "options", when you click on that you'll get a bar on the bottom of the launcher that says "advanced options".
When you click on that a window will open, and in that window there will be a field called "Additional java parameters".
Copy "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" into that field.

As for updating drivers:
"Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of the screen
Select "Software Update..."
Any updates available will be listed and able to be downloaded or you will be told your software is up to date"

Kaufman1

Jul 29, 2019
It worked! Thanks so much! I was able to do it on my windows desktop but now I can be comfortable on my less laggy mac. Too scared to download optifine now, might as well stop while I am ahead. You rock!

Reactions: Meldiron
Status
Not open for further replies.