Internal system always shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidwop

Jul 29, 2019
For the past few weeks my mindcrack ftb has crashed within 5 minutes of loading my world. There is never a crash report, it just says "shutting down internal servers" or something like that. Needless to say, its super annoying. Not sure if its because I'm playing on my macbook and it cant handle it, or I need to something else. Thanks.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
You will need to post some additional information otherwise it will be hard for people to help.

It would be nice to know what version of mindcrack your using, the details of your mac, if you play SMP or SSP, etc etc.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your entire client side console log on pastebin.com and link your paste URL here. This is the other window that is opened by the FTB launcher. Please post any and all other logs you can provide to pastebin.com and link those as well. Logs are much easier to read when uploaded to pastebin. To prevent future issues, such as pastebin flagging your log as spam and deleting it, it is simplest to create an account on pastebin.com and use that account to upload your logs.

Solidwop

Jul 29, 2019
I have the MindCrack pack (v8.1.1). I only play single player. The specs on my Mac are as follows:
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.8.2

I'm not too sure how to do all that pastebin stuff, but if necessary I will find out how to. Thank you.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
This is a Java issue. Give me a bit, I think I've seen the solution somewhere
Good luck. :) I deplore debugging JAVA.

As a side note...
I can see your on a Mac..... urg. Please take all advice from here on with grain of salt as I am a windows ninja...

Can you update JAVA? Here is the website to download the latest version for Mac's.

Also, it seams that you have some extra mods installed? Do you get the same problem on a fresh/clean installation?

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Try adding this under Options > Advanced Settings > Additional Java Parameters
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m or -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Solidwop

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I deleted it and installed it again not too long ago. If I upgraded from Java 6 to 7, would I be able to downgrade again back to 6 if needed?[DOUBLEPOST=1361990975][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I didn't install any other mods other than the ones that came with the pack

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Yeah I deleted it and installed it again not too long ago. If I upgraded from Java 6 to 7, would I be able to downgrade again back to 6 if needed?
Um... Somebody who is a Mac ninja should answer this... I believe that you can. I was more thinking about making sure you have the latest version of JAVA 6 installed. I seam to remember reading somewhere that macs and java and Minecraft are funky.... Found this, seems you can. Assume at own risk.

Also, I didn't install any other mods other than the ones that came with the pack
lol... Um... Yep, your right. I have no idea what you are talking about. :)
No, I do have an Idea. I do not play mindcrack on a normal basis... So I saw a mod I was not familiar with, and assumed you added it. Sorry for making an ass out of me. :)

I have NO idea as to why your getting those errors.
This is a Java issue. Give me a bit, I think I've seen the solution somewhere
I really hope you can help him out.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I deleted it and installed it again not too long ago. If I upgraded from Java 6 to 7, would I be able to downgrade again back to 6 if needed?[DOUBLEPOST=1361990975][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I didn't install any other mods other than the ones that came with the pack
Yes, there's tons of youtube videos available and apple has a very good support page about downgrading.

rlodbrok

Jul 29, 2019
Try adding this under Options > Advanced Settings > Additional Java Parameters
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m or -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Works perfectly.
I found this post through google => wikia forum post => reference to this post (it seem that wikia is better indexed in google) - anyway, thank you!

RichardM.

Jul 29, 2019
hey wondering if someone can help me in the same way trying to create a new world in ftb mindcrack newest version on mac 2.2 GHz intel 4gb of ram with 3gb allocated to ftb
here is the pastebin of the message that comes up http://pastebin.com/48JMube6
many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.