Error launching FTB Infinity Evolved: failed to start download of file ".jar"

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Abe Thurtell

Jul 29, 2019
I've managed to get the FTB launcher to install the Infinity Evolved modpack (which took several tries), and even got it to open the Minecraft launcher when I click the "play" button (which took several dozen tries). Now, in the Minecraft launcher that FTB opens, with FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7 selected in the drop down menu next to the Play button, I click Play, and I get this message:

Code:
Failed to start download.
Name: .jar
URL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions//.jar
Error details: Permission denied
Couldn't open file for download
Filename on disk: .jar
Path: /.jar
Exists: Nonexistent

I don't find it surprising that a file called ".jar" doesn't exist. I do find it surprising that the modpack seems to think it should exist. How can I get this to actually launch?

Abe Thurtell

Jul 29, 2019
Update: I've also tried FTB Revelation, FTB Unstable 1.16, and FTB University and had the same error about a nonexistent file called ".jar".

FTB Omnia got a little further; clicking Play in the Minecraft launcher closes the launcher, then reopens it with a message, "An unexpected issue occurred and the game has crashed. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Exit Code: 0".

Material Energy^5: Entity is the only modpack that has successfully launched. Unfortunately that's not the modpack that I was hoping to play.