Windows .exe Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keymash

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I try to run either Horizons or Direwolf20 1.6 on my windows 8 64bit computer I get this error and it doesn't work. I have tried the troubleshooting guide and it worked for my windows 7 computer but not my windows 8. I followed every step carefully. I have done a lot of googling and found nothing that worked.

http://pastebin.com/pcAqwfCf

I have tried running it in admin mode as well or normally, and even in compatability modes for windows 7 and windows xp. In compatability mode it just crashes instantly.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
LaunchFrame.main:189: Java version: 1.7.0
The log says you are using Java version 7 update 0. Make sure that you remove all versions of Java, even the 32bit versions, restart then install Java 7 update 45. Once done please post a new console log if you are still experiencing problems.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
Minecrafts servers have been up and down the last 3 days. IT was down when you tried installing it so it couldn't get the official minecraft files. If you have an existing 1.6.4 install, just copy over the /bin folder. IF not you just have to keep trying till they are up.

Reactions: Keymash

Keymash

Jul 29, 2019
The modpacks are installed to ....destop/Minecraft/FTB. There are no spaces in file names.

And I'll try copying over the bin folder now and let you know how it goes.

Keymash

Jul 29, 2019
I replaced the versions folder and the libraries folder in the install directory and this fixed the issue, Thanks a heap :)

Also, I don't know how so if a mod or someone could put [SOLVED] at the start of the title, I'm sure it will help other people out a great deal.

kasim

Jul 29, 2019
I have updated the java to 7.45 but it still comes up as Error: could not load or find main class i7

Status
Not open for further replies.