Enderio Power transfer?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I just started a new work, but I for the life of me can't figure out how to transfer power from my energy cell to my alloy smelter. To make the lowest tier of energy conduit requires conductive iron, which unless I am missing something requires the alloy smelter to make.

Any help?

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
1.Is the Energy cell set to export (Orange) on the same side as the enrgy conduit?

2.Is the energy conduit set to "extract"

Its probaly one of theese

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
1.Is the Energy cell set to export (Orange) on the same side as the enrgy conduit?

2.Is the energy conduit set to "extract"

Its probaly one of theese

At the risk of sounding like an ass, you missed the part where I said I can't make the conduits. The cell is set to orange. Can't output to conduits I can't make, which I need the smelter for. The cell doesn't dump directly into the machines. Rednet energy cables are no go, and nor do bc pipes.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Place the energy cell next to the alloy smelter. Right against it, and that should work

Extra Utilities energy transfer node?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Place the energy cell next to the alloy smelter. Right against it, and that should work

Extra Utilities energy transfer node?

Wasn't transferring when right next to it, and don't got the redstone for the transfer nodes. I was able to make the sterling generator, and that is working, albeit slow .... thanks for the suggestions ;)

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Very early game I usually plunk a survivalist generator from Extra Utilities down so it is touching both my SAG mill and my alloy smelter. Slow as Christmas but it gets the job done while I am destitute.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a new work, but I for the life of me can't figure out how to transfer power from my energy cell to my alloy smelter. To make the lowest tier of energy conduit requires conductive iron, which unless I am missing something requires the alloy smelter to make.

Any help?

First obvious question: what modpack are you playing? If you're playing a modpack with GregTech mod in it, then your Alloy Smelter will not accept Ender IO conduit. GregTech machines only accept GregTech cables for their power input.

After re-reading, you're clearly talking about the Ender IO Alloy Smelter, so you can basically forget what I just said about GregTech. But I'll leave it there anyways just so people realize that it is usually important to state what modpack you're playing.

For the Ender IO stuff, first step is to make a "Stirling Generator" and place it right in the middle between the Alloy Smelter and the SAG Mill. Drop any kind of fuel (coal, charcoal, etc) into the Stirling, and if it is touching the other two machines it will transfer power over to them.

Once you've got this up and running, it is trivial to make your conduits, hook the Alloy Smelter and SAG Mill up to your base's RF power supply, and at that point you can basically throw away the Stirling Generator (but a Minecrafter obviously never throws anything away!).

I see you already mentioned the Stirling. I really should spend more time reading before replying. LOL

Last edited:

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Very early game I usually plunk a survivalist generator from Extra Utilities down so it is touching both my SAG mill and my alloy smelter. Slow as Christmas but it gets the job done while I am destitute.
There is a bug in a recent version of Ender IO that prevents ExU gens from outputting to EIO machines. Not sure if this is fixed yet but I don't think it is.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
There is a bug in a recent version of Ender IO that prevents ExU gens from outputting to EIO machines. Not sure if this is fixed yet but I don't think it is.

I believe the cause was some outdated RF support from one of the mods, it should've been fixed in later versions