ENDER QUARRY POWER ISSUES

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
just tried it, my power just completely drains away.... also my lava is always full now, so the lava issue is fixed, but power still the same.

I am testing with a powered spawner.. one of the gens is lowing power, but its only going down slow..... but still this power should beable to keep it at full power. only thing that is connected to the TESS is my AE system, but it should beable to handle both.

Last edited:

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
try adding a ender io capacitor bank on the lava gen end and connect the tesseract to that so you can see the input/output much easier see but with that many gens it should be running a none upgraded ender quarry at full speed

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
I had made a new tess, so I had a spare one to test it, I used two basic capacitor banks it says my in is 4560. I have 8 X8 lava gens, so 8 second tier ones, is this the right amount of power 4560? it does say my banks only have a max output of 1000.. so maybe its not showing the full power.

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
in the first picture the tesseract is in the corner.. and at the quarry.. I never had it there, as I put it back in my base for the time being.... I am at 7 second tier lava gens now.
Lava gens don't really work well, they only generate 40k RF from a bucket of lava. Ender IO stirling engines can generate 200k RF from a lava bucket item(which can be autofilled in a enderio tank) and when fully upgraded, about 1M from a single lava bucket.(Lava fabricators + stirling engines are great mid-game infinite power source)

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
should of mentioned, that I have infinite lava, I have an iron tank with 2 million worth of buckets, as I have an ender pump in the nether

and so far, I have not changed it... when it does run out, it still has 2 million buckets stored in a tank., some people have there power of choice they enjoy, and I enjoy doing it this way.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Disconnect the AE system, try just the quarry with a trashcan on it and report back, remember as your AE system is importing items it's sucking a lot more power

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
my AE system is not set for importing items. not tried to quarry yet since I added my 8th lava gen.. I just got my draconic chest.

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
also how do you filter things, I am using a filter from EXULT but it wont work if you have more than 1.

also my power still drains even with 8 lava gens no clue why

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
also how do you filter things, I am using a filter from EXULT but it wont work if you have more than 1.
if you need more space then what you can add to a single filter place a filter in a filter and put that were needed

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
thanks, my quarry must be doing ok with power.. as it still runs perfectly fine, and the draconic chest, takes 10m rf.. and doesn't drain once one hooked up to the same tess

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
thanks, my quarry must be doing ok with power.. as it still runs perfectly fine, and the draconic chest, takes 10m rf.. and doesn't drain once one hooked up to the same tess
iirc you can use the portable scanner to check the buffer on the ender quarry if the buffer on the quarry is full its running at its max speed

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
ok so the buffer got to 5 million, and is now going down.... slow.. no idea why, my power sould be more the capable to run it...

I just took off my speed upgrade, and the buffer is going up.. I thought my power could handle one upgrade.... it looks like when my ender quarry buffer is full of the 10 m rf.. power back at base recharges, it only drains my power to fill the 10m ender buffer.. but still can't handle the speed upgrade.

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
You never said you had upgrades on it!!!!! A speed upgrade increase the power requirement MASSIVELY, it doubles the cost of each block breaking AND speeds up how many blocks are broken.

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
You never said you had upgrades on it!!!!! A speed upgrade increase the power requirement MASSIVELY, it doubles the cost of each block breaking AND speeds up how many blocks are broken.

I never had a speed upgrade on it, I just recently put one on it to test it out... anyway without the speed upgrade it seems to be fine, as I found out power is only draining to fill the buffer.. I am unsure but in the new infinity update 1.4.0.. the tool tip shows the BUFFER of stuff that didn't before, can't remember if it was in 1.3.4 or not.

I still thought it being a level 1 upgrade, and the power I produce, I thought I could use at least one.. but looks like its a no go.

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
First rule of troubleshooting, change one thing at a time to find the problem...

wasn't really a problem as even when my base was at 0 rf.. the quarry still ran, I was just unaware of the 10 m buffer.... so wans't really affecting anything, was just trying to have fun, rather than a heck of a time, anyway thanks for your help, and everyone else who helped.