Ender Pearls in Direwolf20 1.6

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
With no Stone of Minium, whats the best way to get pearls without hunting enderman, I am still in early game.

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
Will try this, built a small base linked with an portal in a plain. get maybe one a night spawned. 50% of that drop a pearl.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
My path for a perm solution is plan to beat The End. Usually includes use Tinkers construct to loot III up a sword. Hunt in a desert or prairie. get 12 pearls + around 6-8 more pearls to find the end fortress.
For spot check, people say look for these pearl lilies. Well, I'm on my second dw201.6 playthrough and I've never seen a dungeon loot chest with these things. I say do your killing in a desert or prairie.

Reactions: MigukNamja

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
Ender Lilies are good early game. The best way though would be using MFR and its Auto-Spawner. Set up a mob essence farm (using MFR breeder, grinder, chronotyper etc on cows for example), craft a Safari Net reusable, capture Enderman with that, put Safari Net in Auto-Spawner, then spawn Endermen and kill them with a Grinder.

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
Ender Lilies are good early game. The best way though would be using MFR and its Auto-Spawner. Set up a mob essence farm (using MFR breeder, grinder, chronotyper etc on cows for example), craft a Safari Net reusable, capture Enderman with that, put Safari Net in Auto-Spawner, then spawn Endermen and kill them with a Grinder.
doing that on my server tonight

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using ender lilies it is best to craft a few endstone for them to sit on to boost their output. The easiest way to craft them is using TE's recipe which is using the liquid transposer to infuse 1 pearls worth of liquid ender into sandstone.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I have spent so many hours grinding for Endermen, managed to get a handful so far, quite often they don't drop Ender pearls... do I need to put Lapis on my TC sword? I have an MFR farming field with plenty of animals, so far I have about 250,000 Mob Essence in a 5 x 5 Iron Tank, hardest part for me is trying to find EnderMen at all...

On the plus side, I have 550+ zombie brains and dozens of skulls/heads of skeletons/creepers and zombies, so plenty of Essentia for Thaumcraft :)

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I normally shapeshift into a bat, and roam plains and deserts at high altitude so less mobs spawn underground.

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
I planted one on end stone and it keeps popping out after a few minutes. What should the light level be. Should I plant them like wheat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
My solution was to Jetpack+bow+(plains or desert). I'd use the bow to clear an area near endermen just enough to build a small enderman-proof-stabbing structure, then look at them.

killer313201

Jul 29, 2019
I planted one on end stone and it keeps popping out after a few minutes. What should the light level be. Should I plant them like wheat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put a torch next to it and wait like 2,3 hours or a minecraft weak for them to grow (on endstone more time on other blocks)

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Honestly those of you that are to the stage where you need Ender Pearls, I wonder why an MFR Farm hasn't caught your interest?

I guess I got lucky. Sure, I got a Portal Gun (not hard though if you plop a couple Quarries onto a Hollow Hill -- Portal Guns are found in chests occasionally.) Once you have that relocate a vanilla mob spawner to a room where you can farm Endermen.

Here's a shot of mine in action.

yqj6pub.png

yQf2gtN.png

Setting it up is as easy as dropping your MFR Auto-Spawner and setting Endermen in it, then having a vanilla spawner with something of use (maybe Skeletons for bone farming) that gives you some free mob essence. You can also set up a Breeder, but this hits two birds with one stone.

Once you've got this set up you can enjoy free Ender Pearls any time you want. I did find a few Ender Lilies, too, but this is a great way to get started. If you can't get your hands on a vanilla spawner early my suggestion is go to the Breeder and use that.

Farming is easy, and it cuts a lot of the tedium out of the game.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I found mine in a chest under a greatwood tree on my way to building my first base.
As such I tossed them on grass and have been collecting their harvests while concentrating on the (otherwise) very early game.