Ender IO in packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
koeer11, are you near your "spawn" area and are there chickens/village there ?

sounds like something is breeding over and over.

Check your spawn area, you might have 3k egg's sitting at spawn, or villagers are doing there magic stuck in a infinite breeding situation.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Game says I've over 8k entities atm.
This is OPIS though:
Cpn0QWh.png

zclGlkO.png

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm seeing a lot of entities like pigs, but no where near the 8k that your game is reporting.

Try checking the server timing and client timing tabs to see what's taking the most amount of time in your game.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
6RLx9tP.png

YzZEXur.png

From what I gather, the lag has to be coming from me using ender chests to transport my quarry/farm items into my AE system.
Any suggestions/thoughts?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I agree with Mev, sorta. The AetherCraft stuff is having a bigger impact than your AE system, but I would still recommend cutting the system down a bit if at all possible. If not, try to condense it to the fewest number of possible chunks to see if that helps.

I would also replace the ender chests with some sort of piping network if the quarry is fairly close to home. If not, then don't worry about them.

Reactions: Mevansuto

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
What about my magical crops farm? It's practically next to my AE system.
Should I ship items from there via pipes?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I have an AE system with 4 or 5 (cant remember) subnetworks, more than 20 drives (filled) more than 100 export and import buses of different kinds, more than 20 fluid export and 3 fluid import buses, 2 big macs, one in the main and one in a subnetwork (when i mean big i mean max sized, with mostly computers as I dont need too much recipes.. And besides that.. I have a little system that I don't want to spend much time doing an AE and it has 10 to 15 itemducts, some fluiducts (everything opaque as I dont have the obsidian glass, I use mek) and it's making my mob farm run.. Now.. Opis said that my ae system is generating less lag.. So yeah, let's not call Applied Energistics when we talk about lag, because it's pretty fucking awesome how it behaves..

And for the OP, as far as Im aware, Ender Io is not laggy, i've used it in my last world for almost everything automated and it was a pretty lag free environment except for some farms.. But that was 4 versions ago in monster so im not sure..

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Opis said that my ae system is generating less lag.. So yeah, let's not call Applied Energistics when we talk about lag, because it's pretty fucking awesome how it behaves..

In this case, it's one of the top offenders.
What about my magical crops farm? It's practically next to my AE system.
Should I ship items from there via pipes?

You could try it, but I would focus on getting your system optimized and within as few chunks as possible first.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think I could deliver coal to my steam dynamos via some teleportation method instead of ae cable.
Other than that, I don't think I can optimize it a lot more.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Also, can anyone imagine what would cause these "invisible" entities that don't show up on opis?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Also, can anyone imagine what would cause these "invisible" entities that don't show up on opis?
Do you have ars magica 2? It is notorious for having mobs that don't despawn. Enough so that it's a fairly common issue.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
no-one going to comment on the exp orbs? those can be very laggy when there are many of them being created in your mobfarm; add a openblocks' vacuumhopper to suck them up and use/void them as you like