Ender Chest to Recycler

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Budias

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so used to having RP that this is being a little difficult. I used to have a setup: Ender chest>Sorting Machine>Recycler. Now that I'm playing Unleashed and there is no sorting machine I'm kind of at a loss.

I just wanted a Ender Chest in the main area of my base to attach to a recycler so we could throw random bows, flowers, enchants, etc. in there.

Also when I need to after quarying a ton I would have a junk disk full of stuff that I wanted to recycle and I would put it on an ME Chest>Ender Chest>Sorting Machine>Recycler. Same problem is no Sorting Machine.

Any ideas on how to do this would be great. Thanks in advance!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Use Ender chest --> import bus --> AE network controller --> storage bus --> recycler. Anything that comes into the ender chest the AE network controller tries to store in the recycler.

Budias

Jul 29, 2019
What do I hook up to the recycler though? Tried straight onto ME Controller and that doesn't work. Also I assume I need a ME Chest or Drive attached also?

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
export bus on recycler set to output cobble. That way it feeds it all your cobble stone. You can setup a level emitter if you want to hang on to 512 of it or something.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm so used to having RP that this is being a little difficult. I used to have a setup: Ender chest>Sorting Machine>Recycler. Now that I'm playing Unleashed and there is no sorting machine I'm kind of at a loss.

I just wanted a Ender Chest in the main area of my base to attach to a recycler so we could throw random bows, flowers, enchants, etc. in there.

Also when I need to after quarying a ton I would have a junk disk full of stuff that I wanted to recycle and I would put it on an ME Chest>Ender Chest>Sorting Machine>Recycler. Same problem is no Sorting Machine.

Any ideas on how to do this would be great. Thanks in advance!
From what I read, you dont want items getting automatically taken from ME network, but you just want a place to manually dump stuff you want recycled.
Simplest(but a bit slow) way is as mentioned:
Enderchest
\Hopper/
Recycler

If you have multiple recyclers you could also use 2 routers. One router extracting items from Enderchest and ejecting it into other router. Second router then inserting into top of Recyclers. Or you could put a router on top of every Recycler extracting from enderchest and ejecting down(This is what I usually use, higher bandwith to handle peak influx of cobble etc.).

Instead of an enderchest I just use a normal chest with an ME storage bus on. I set the priority of the storage bus lower than the storage discs, so that system first fills up my preformatted disc, and once its full recycles rest. I can control which items are allowed to "overflow" into recyclers by adding them to the storage bus. Anything not preformatted on storage discs or in recyclers storage bus will then go to one of several non-formatted discs.

Drives with preforatted storage discs: Priority 10
Storage bus for recyclers: Priority 9
Me chests with non-formatted discs: 2-8
Never use priority 1, since I that way ensure nothing is filled into a newly added storage device before I can set priority.

Bank of 6 recyclers:
yGpQdvL.jpg

Theres actually 2 storage bus on my Obsidian chest. One normal for cobble etc. and one fuzzy for damaged bows, armor etc. Both priority 9.

GAvsUXf.png

All the ME drives are priority 10 and only hold preformatted discs.
The 3 ME Chests hold unformatted discs with priority 4,3,2. Left chest then fills up with random junk first, then second etc.
The drives that are glowing red are actually full and any new added item of that kind is then recycled.

Last edited:

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Mayhaps I don't understand AE fully, but inter-dimensionally transporting items, say from a mystcraft mining age to your home base in the overworld?
They way i send stuff from a quarry to my ae system from another dimention is Ender chests.. I have one next to the quarry and another one with the same color frequency at my base. That one has an import bus set to import stacks at a time. I have used 4 quarries and still one bus handles it all. I also use this chest method for pretty much a ton of automation. farm output.. some machines.. its very handy.

Reactions: rhn

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
They way i send stuff from a quarry to my ae system from another dimention is Ender chests.. I have one next to the quarry and another one with the same color frequency at my base. That one has an import bus set to import stacks at a time. I have used 4 quarries and still one bus handles it all. I also use this chest method for pretty much a ton of automation. farm output.. some machines.. its very handy.

I would suggest using tesseracts and have the one at your base connected to an interface. It will automatically dump the items into the ME system with infinite throughput and 1/50th the power cost.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would suggest using tesseracts and have the one at your base connected to an interface. It will automatically dump the items into the ME system with infinite throughput and 1/50th the power cost.
But there is no "Tesseract pouch" that you can carry with you. I always carry 2 enderpouches with me. One for my tools and one linking the "quarry" enderchest. That way I can at any time empty junk from my inventory directly into ME system back home. Having the 2 enderpouches also allows 2 way traffic. Empty Tin cans send back home are filled and put in tool pouch. Same with out of power jet pack/armor.
At my base I got 3 Import bus stuck to the chest. Never had problems with bandwidth despite using it for multiple quarries, bee products, egg/wool collection etc.

Last edited:

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
rhn is right even if you dont want to waste power by using the import bus exclusively its still handy to have an ender chest set to import so you can dump while mining etc.. If you have your automation setup properly you can even auto charge your tools.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
But there is no "Tesseract pouch" that you can carry with you. I always carry 2 enderpouches with me. One for my tools and one linking the "quarry" enderchest. That way I can at any time empty junk from my inventory directly into ME system back home. Having the 2 enderpouches also allows 2 way traffic. Empty Tin cans send back home are filled and put in tool pouch. Same with out of power jet pack/armor.
At my base I got 3 Import bus stuck to the chest. Never had problems with bandwidth despite using it for multiple quarries, bee products, egg/wool collection etc.

I sometimes take this one step further. A third ender pouch that is filled back at my base with items I need for a build. That way as I take blocks out of the pouch the golems at my base refill the pouch for me.

Reactions: rhn