End Portal in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Can you post the seed and the location that you are being sent to? And is it possible that on a 1.4.2 map (which it seems that your map was originally) they would be generated elsewhere, and the eye is sending you to the place it would be if you generated the map in the current version?

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I asked him that before but he claims he has dug up the entire ring, which I don't believe for a second but most of this threads contents have been hard to believe.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the Analyze tool of MCEdit to get a tally of all block types in the selected area. Look for mossy/cracked stone bricks. The portal calls itself "Portal Frame", but due to map generation glitches can be rarely missing. First select a large area of your world - how large depends on how powerful your computer is, obviously the larger the longer it takes to analyze. Hit the analyze button and look for the bricks. If you don't find any, move elsewhere. If you find some, move one edge of the selection halfway closer to the other and analyze again. If you still find the bricks, the stronghold is in the part you still have selected. If not, it is in the half you have de-selected. Repeat until you narrow it down to a small enough area to just fly around in MCEdit and explore.

You can also use the fill and replace tool to replace stone and dirt with air, this should make the stronghold clearly visible once you know its rough location.

Using this method I found a stronghold in one of my older worlds in about 10 minutes.

TrilluXe

Jul 29, 2019
I asked him that before but he claims he has dug up the entire ring, which I don't believe for a second but most of this threads contents have been hard to believe.

You've got to read more carefully m8. I said (probably 5 times now) that the endereyes only send me to a single spot on the map. No matter where and how far I go away from this one spot.
I dug around this single spot, not the whole area you posted ;).

@ Skirty007:

So the map was created in 1.4.2 on a direwolf20 server and structures were definately enabled, since we found a NPC village after 10 minutes.

The seed is: 6858791865616757598

And the coordinates I am sent to are:

X: -680
Z: 390

@ Abdiel

Thx for the suggestion, I will try that later

TrilluXe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to Skirty_007, I think you were right :)

The endereyes send me to the place where the strongholds would be on a 1.4.2 map. I reloaded the seed in AMIDST with 1.4.6 and the locations for the strongholds I got then were correct. :)

Reactions: Skirty_007

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
@raiju:
I am pretty sure that the "only 3 strongholds" was supposed to have been removed, and quite fast after having beein introduced, because it didn't let people with older maps gain the ability to go to the end, even by going farther away to generate new lands.

I might be wrong though, as Minecraft Wiki says exactly what you are saying, so I am not sure at all.

EDIT: didn't the Mindcrack and Direwolf20 packs started in 1.4.6?
If your world was generated in 1.4.2, it was with the beta pack, and it was not really that compatible with the non-beta packs, the problem might come from that.

Moleculor

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to replicate the experience of an Eye of Ender taking me to a spot where there was no gate or stronghold.

This was in the FTB Beta Pack, for Minecraft 1.4.2.

Know how I did it?

I generated a world without structures.

I'm guessing that structures were originally off, and later turned on. Would explain everything.

TrilluXe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing that structures were originally off, and later turned on. Would explain everything.

If you had read my post carefully, you would've noticed that I said that structures were on, since we found a NPC village 10 minutes after the server went online.

We managed to find the strongholds now thanks to Skirty007's suggestion!

Reactions: RedBoss

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
@raiju:
I am pretty sure that the "only 3 strongholds" was supposed to have been removed, and quite fast after having beein introduced, because it didn't let people with older maps gain the ability to go to the end, even by going farther away to generate new lands.

I might be wrong though, as Minecraft Wiki says exactly what you are saying, so I am not sure at all.

It was supposed to be removed, but it never actually happened.

(fix your game jeb and all that)

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
This states for 1.9beta, but it could be true for future updates as well where seeds change based on your server version. If you started your server, updated, then went hunting for a stronghold the eye may believe it is in old position X whereas because you never loaded that chunk, it is in new position Y.

>.> You denied this by saying you dug "north/south/west/east/north-east/north-west/south-east/south-west for a minimum of 3000 blocks.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to Skirty_007, I think you were right :)

The endereyes send me to the place where the strongholds would be on a 1.4.2 map. I reloaded the seed in AMIDST with 1.4.6 and the locations for the strongholds I got then were correct. :)

I'm confused.. You said you used amidst and claimed it didn't work without bothering to even check the results it gave you. Now you tried it again and claim it's working without changing anything? And you have some direwolf20 1.4.2 pack that never existed as the dw pack didn't start till 1.4.6..

TrilluXe

Jul 29, 2019
>.> You denied this by saying you dug "north/south/west/east/north-east/north-west/south-east/south-west for a minimum of 3000 blocks.

You failed reading again... I said (original quote) '' I went nort/south/west/east/north-east/north-west/south-east/south-west for a minumum of 3000 block away from the spawn. The eyes bring me only to that one spot.''

to go =/= to dig

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I know this isnt helpful, but in the 4 different worlds I've done with a FTB pack (most recently the DW20 pack), I've always been able to find the Stronghold, but I gotta admit I hate doing it. It's a painfully slow and tedious process, resulting in a trek practically thousands of blocks away. Ugh, I hate trying to find strongholds.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
You failed reading again... I said (original quote) '' I went nort/south/west/east/north-east/north-west/south-east/south-west for a minumum of 3000 block away from the spawn. The eyes bring me only to that one spot.''

to go =/= to dig

My bad, this was when you said the texture pack didn't work, so 2 and 2 = you used one to look.

So what you're saying is you did absolutely nothing and complained for hours and then finally found the decency to try the advice you were given, then shock horror it worked?

TrilluXe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused.. You said you used amidst and claimed it didn't work without bothering to even check the results it gave you. Now you tried it again and claim it's working without changing anything? And you have some direwolf20 1.4.2 pack that never existed as the dw pack didn't start till 1.4.6..

You have 2 options with AMIDST.

1: Open a map from a file on your pc
2: Open a map upon the seed

I used AMIDST to open the map from our server, and it seems like AMIDST gets the seed as well as the minecraft version of the map by opening that file. The map it showed me was the one of 1.4.2 then.

When AMIDST gave me the correct data I chose the second option and manually entered the seed -> The map looked totally different than the first time. It gave me the 1.4.6 version of that seed and we were able to find the strongholds with the coordinates I got from entering the seed manually.

Yippy Kai Aye

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you were able to find it. A well known tip for finding strongholds when you are sure of the general location is to use an x-ray machine (pistons and glowstone). This lets you see a pretty good area underground.

TrilluXe

Jul 29, 2019
My bad, this was when you said the texture pack didn't work, so 2 and 2 = you used one to look.

So what you're saying is you did absolutely nothing and complained for hours and then finally found the decency to try the advice you were given, then shock horror it worked?

What's wrong with you?

You should train your reading comprehension.

1) I used AMIDST before Peppe told me and it gave me the wrong coordinates since the program seems to simply extract the seed and the mc version the map was creating on. (eventhough you open the level.dat and it should show you where the strongholds actually are)
2) I did not do anything? I spent like 2 hours walking 3000 + blocks from the spawn in each direction and digging the crap out of the one spot the endereyes always brought me to. I also downloaded like 5 tools in the hope to find one that could actually show me the coordinates of a certain block. Moreover I took a lot of time flying around in MCEdit to manually locate a stronghold.
3) The final hint was given by Skirty_007 who had the idea that the world generating process might have changed from 1.4.2 to 1.4.6. Nevertheless one could not know that AMIDST does not show the actual map when you open a level.dat file.

I'm sorry that you failed on basically every post you gave here. You insisted that I did not do enough digging on the spot the endereyes sent me to and also claimed that I was not going far enough so that the endereyes could lead me to another stronghold.
I have found like 50 strongholds on normal minecraft without any problems and I said that very early in this thread. I also said that I know how and where strongholds spawn, so I do not know why you tried to explain this over and over again.

The final reason was that the endereyes DID lead me to the wrong place, because they ended up on a spot, where a stronghold would've been in 1.4.2. Furthermore, I could not know that AMIDST simply extracts the seed and the MC Version the map was generated on instead of opening the actual map.

I am very happy that Skirty_007 had that idea and I am very sorry that you were basically wrong the whole time saying that it was my fault. I hope you improve your reading comprehension and thanks for your 'help' anyways ;)

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I told you they were, because they led you to the 1.4.2 destination on your 1.4.6, rant all you like. You're just someone who needed to be spoonfed something..

Twilightdusk

Jul 29, 2019
... You insisted that I did not do enough digging on the spot the endereyes sent me to and also claimed that I was not going far enough so that the endereyes could lead me to another stronghold....

That's not what he was saying. He was telling you that the ender eyes were sending you to the wrong spot, and that you should have been manually checking areas along the ring where strongholds can spawn (which is why he interpreted your statements as you having dug up that ring).