Encroaching Biome

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zinzi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all
I have my base in a shield biome which is next to an ominous wood biome, I have noticed that it is encraching on my base is there any way to stop it getinng any firther, I am busy trying with flowers and trees, any suggestions?

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
So the ominous woods is getting bigger? I know that witchery has a spell that will change a biome, and silverwoods from thaumcraft change a biome to magic forest.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You could place some sinister nodes along the border. They convert an area with radius of 8 or 9 blocks into eerie biome. Eerie biomes don't spread, so, you could use that as a buffer.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
Easy way to check: Ominous Woods is a black biome. Black grass, black trees, everything pretty much. Tainted Lands however is a deep and very striking purple.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The Thaumcraft tainted lands biome is driven by the spread of fibrous taint on the surface.

This should be easy to spot. And it is 'easy' to physically block with water or any non solid block such as glass or fence.

Otherwise, in addition to the above, if twilight forest is in the pack it also adds a magical sapling that creates enchanted forest in a ~20 block radius.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The Thaumcraft tainted lands biome is driven by the spread of fibrous taint on the surface.

This should be easy to spot. And it is 'easy' to physically block with water or any non solid block such as glass or fence.

Otherwise, in addition to the above, if twilight forest is in the pack it also adds a magical sapling that creates enchanted forest in a ~20 block radius.
Or you could nuke the living daylights out of the biome... that'd get rid of all the taintedness... and everything else, but it wouldn't spread anymore ;)

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019

The same is true of silverwood as they sometimes grow with a pure node inside them, which spreads magical forest, and is immune to taint, at least while the pure node is there.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Options:

Total War:
Kill, or destroy everything

Relocate base, far away from biome

Make a new world, the worst of fates