Eloraam is Working on Redpower! (Lies)

Do you think she's back for good?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
WOAH. WOAH WOAH WOAH. HOW. ERMAGERD.

EVERYBODY GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN! AGAIN! (I THINK)

1.7 Redpower confirmed perhaps?

Meeko011

Jul 29, 2019
Though I somewhat doubt it, it will at least keep everyone from suicide just a bit longer.

Meeko011

Jul 29, 2019
People are typically referred to the search box when making posts that already exist. Or at least in one of the forums I've been on. Maybe I should stick with one forum instead of replying to threads on 10 at once.

Plus, bad spelling means his post doesn't count, riiiight? ...

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
I just meant it as a "you may want to join the thread already in progress."

I leave the "learn 2 srch n00b" to more abrasive people, and the decision on what to do about duplicate threads on a potentially drama-ridden subject to actual moderators, I don't care either way. :p

Meeko011

Jul 29, 2019
There, I changed the title to be more accurate.

And wow, the voting seems to be tilting towards no by a landslide.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Let's all note her last tweet was 7 days ago (1 week) It looks like she is already done for a while only to resurface in another months to create some more hype.

Don't get to mad I am just saying my thought, I could always be wrong, I am admitting this.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Inc lock? (I hope)

OP we don't want your drama (well at least I don't).

Don't get me wrong I do like a bit of drama now and then but it needs to be fresh drama, not stale drama. If this drama where milk it would be a jugg of accidental home brew cheese.

In short: Dramalamalama ding dong, that is all.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ax8sPQY.gif

Reactions: RedBoss and Golrith

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Inc lock? (I hope)

OP we don't want your drama (well at least I don't).

Don't get me wrong I do like a bit of drama now and then but it needs to be fresh drama, not stale drama. If this drama where milk it would be a jugg of accidental home brew cheese.

In short: Dramalamalama ding dong, that is all.
Guess what? OP has brought less drama to the thread then you did. Plus, we all know she ain't back for good. Except that one dude who voted Yes, but dear gods why? No, I think she'll be back for a while, maybe even long enough to actually make a mod of some kind. Redpower 2 updated? Unlikely. Doesn't she have her own program for it now? I could have swore I saw some progress images for her Mineia game or whatever it's called ages ago, and she's talking about how she still owns the mod because it's almost purely just another game. EULA or not, all she really owns is her own game, because Mojang can claim her mod, even thought they won't without just taking pieces and just making it themselves. And what can she do about it? Fuck all, as a reminder, but then again, don't tell her I said this, because she may just vanish for good, and what a world of good that may be for this community, without the Elofoot always somewhere out there, bringing drama again and again with all her "HYPETRAIN HAS NO BREAKS OR BRAKES!" shit.

You are right about hold stale this drama is, but as a reminder, cheese isn't just old milk. You do it zero justice with such thoughts. Seriously, does no one even know how complex a good cheese is? Nor how complex a shit cheese is? And what the difference between shit cheese and god-tier cheese?

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly hope that Eloraam is working on something completely new instead of reviving RedPower.

I never really used RedPower for anything. I had more than enough of fun fiddling with BuildCraft logic instead, but I have a great respect for what she was able to do. All the fuzz around RedPower is proof that it was a very important mod for a significant portion of the player base.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly hope that Eloraam is working on something completely new instead of reviving RedPower.

I never really used RedPower for anything. I had more than enough of fun fiddling with BuildCraft logic instead, but I have a great respect for what she was able to do. All the fuzz around RedPower is proof that it was a very important mod for a significant portion of the player base.
A setiment that a handful of us have, but not nearly enough. That said, seriously, lets talk about cheese. Since this is a wasted thread because it's basically a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost how about we just talk about cheese? Gods, I could go for a good Brie right about now. A good Gruyere grilled cheese sandwich would be even better, though, but still, good cheese is a worth cause in of itself.

Reactions: ThorinNL

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Guess what? OP has brought less drama to the thread then you did. Plus, we all know she ain't back for good. Except that one dude who voted Yes, but dear gods why? No, I think she'll be back for a while, maybe even long enough to actually make a mod of some kind. Redpower 2 updated? Unlikely. Doesn't she have her own program for it now? I could have swore I saw some progress images for her Mineia game or whatever it's called ages ago, and she's talking about how she still owns the mod because it's almost purely just another game. EULA or not, all she really owns is her own game, because Mojang can claim her mod, even thought they won't without just taking pieces and just making it themselves. And what can she do about it? Fuck all, as a reminder, but then again, don't tell her I said this, because she may just vanish for good, and what a world of good that may be for this community, without the Elofoot always somewhere out there, bringing drama again and again with all her "HYPETRAIN HAS NO BREAKS OR BRAKES!" shit.

You are right about hold stale this drama is, but as a reminder, cheese isn't just old milk. You do it zero justice with such thoughts. Seriously, does no one even know how complex a good cheese is? Nor how complex a shit cheese is? And what the difference between shit cheese and god-tier cheese?

I didn't mention good cheese, If I did the analogy would have more holes in it as a well matured Swiss. Homebrew cheese is a sin against cullianry perfection, no better then toe jam, which can be nice on crumpets.
Technically old milk is yogurt.

Plus I'm more in the "I really don't give a shit what Ello does" camp. If she makes something good, great if she "leaves" again that's just as good.
She should just do what's good for her, or bad if that's what's good for her. Bottom line is OP is obviously a drama lama spitting hot stale drama like it's a chaw chewin competition.

Reactions: Beeze23 and YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mention good cheese, If I did the analogy would have more holes in it as a well matured Swiss. Homebrew cheese is a sin against cullianry perfection, no better then toe jam, which can be nice on crumpets.
Technically old milk is yogurt.

Plus I'm more in the "I really don't give a shit what Ello does" camp. If she makes something good, great if she "leaves" again that's just as good.
She should just do what's good for her, or bad if that's what's good for her. Bottom line is OP is obviously a drama lama spitting hot stale drama like it's a chaw chewin competition.
No, see, we've all avoided the hype train 'round these parts. No drama really exists when Ellofoot shows up again, because no one really gives a fuck anymore what she does or doesn't do. I'm in a camp next to yours, which is to say, my camp is a subcamp of your camp, aka the camp pretty much everyone is in here. My stance? It'd be great if she'd seriously just not code for Minecraft ever again. No offense to her talent, total offense to her ego. She knows she can't do it alone at this point. 2 updates in 2 years, and that was 1.5 years ago that we even had a update, and it was a buggy piece of shit? The only reason why she wouldn't know is because her ego may block her from seeing the straight facts on it. She's a great coder without the time to code for fun. Maybe she ought to just quit while she's ahead and say "I'm not going to update Redpower for Minecraft, period. Too much work, not even benefit.", and gods damned, I sing her praises from that point on. She is a good coder, just look at how creative Redpower was when it came out. Tubes? A system we haven't really seen since, insofar as no one fully mimics it. And, uh... Frames? And FORTH? Yeah, that's about it. We've had cheaper and easier to use computers before she added hers, and we now have complicated and expensive computers again. Frames, eh, they are a hard thing to code because TEs don't play nice with them all too often, and almost all of modded Minecraft is purely TEs. If did the crazy smart(and totally unexpected thing at this point) and went back onto the Forge Dev Team, I wouldn't even care if she wanted to update Redpower again! Because at least if she gets back on the forge dev team, when she vanishes again, we have something useful left over from this passing of the Ellofoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.