Elevatorblock limit

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I¨m playing around with Ideas about how to make my elevator in my new base. Since I have around 7 different decks were my stuff is in connected with one vertical corridor in the middle this corridor will be my elevator.

At the moment I put elevators on each level and just jump up and down the times needed to get to deck X. But with the time its getting frustrating since I always jump once to much or to less.

So I was thinking about a redstone button on each deck that extend a piston on the deck I want to go. So this piston would just put the elevator of deck Y in a straight line with the Deck I¨m at atm.

Problem is that there seems to be a limit of blocks they work. Once I wan´t to TP more then 20 block down, it does not work. Up seems to work some blocks further.

Is there a config that I could change or you meight even have a better idea?

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
Being currently in the design phase of a super structure I've been considering rapid travel between multiple floors/areas. The elevator blocks seem useful. Pistons are simply lacking.
Something you may state is which mod pack you are using.

I've been debating a mystcraft stable age with portals labeled as sort of an "elevator lobby" so I can easily get from point a to b fastest.

I've seen some fancy things with frames but idk what mods you have.

Subscribed for science

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
or you can use CC and portal gun portal spawners,

you press on the floor you want to go to and a portal in the ceiling there (triggered by wireless communication to the comp there) opens and a matching one under your feet

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am actually planning on using Enhanced Portals 3(part of Monster) and CC touch screens to simulate elevators. Enhanced portals allows me to hide portal frames as any other block, I can dial other portals on redstone signals or on direct CC interaction and the actual portal and particles can be hidden so there is no indication that you were actually "portalled".

You can find a discussion about it and further information about my project with them here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...and-guide-collection.42664/page-8#post-635583

Reactions: Dentvar

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
There is a config option for this:

# The range of the drop block
I:searchDistance=90

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Pneumaticraft elevators. I think it was already added to the dw20 pack.

^^ This! Even if it is not there in your existing mod pack, add it and give it a go. It works just as a real life life would work, and perhaps that's what you're after. :)

Me, I would have lived with the OpenBlocks item. ;)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I´m playing Monster 1.1.1

There is a config option for this:

# The range of the drop block
I:searchDistance=90
Nice, I will edit it then.

Pistons are simply lacking.
I din´t want to use the pistons to open or close the floor. I would use them to put the elevatorblock in the wanted floor just under the elevator block I¨m on.

x=cobblestone
p=Piston
e=Elevator
r= Wireless Redstone
f=Free space

xxxexxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
rpe-xxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
rpe-xxx

^^ This! Even if it is not there in your existing mod pack, add it and give it a go. It works just as a real life life would work, and perhaps that's what you're after. :)
Its not in Monster atm. But it looks realy interesting and the pressure physics are nice too. Any idea if its safe to at to monster 1.1.1?

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I´m playing Monster 1.1.1

Its not in Monster atm. But it looks realy interesting and the pressure physics are nice too. Any idea if its safe to at to monster 1.1.1?

You'll definitely have ID conflicts if you add it to an existing world.

I'll make a world backup (personal mistake/suffering from two weeks ago) if I were you, and use idfixminus to handle IDs for me. If nothing major got damaged, you can continue, else you can revert back to the old world.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Or download the latest dw20 and copy the config. It should have its ids adjusted already to fit into the master configs.

Of course still do the back up first.

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
Monster has engineer's toolbox right? I believe that has a pretty neat elevator setup - check Emasher's youtube vid.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I mostly use travel anchors and the staff of travelling from Ender IO nowadays =)

Took me some time to try this out, and I love it! Best way ever to travel in my base.
Later then I will do some fany only optical elevator, but no need for any complicated redstone shit if you can just right click throught your hole base no matter if from badrock to top of my base :)

also I didn´t know how wonderfull ender IO cables are :) I have to redesign my hole base now but it will end beautifull :) (well in my mind at least, later I go watch showcase and realize that my howl of shame isnt´t that great :p )

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
also I didn´t know how wonderfull ender IO cables are :) I have to redesign my hole base now but it will end beautifull :) (well in my mind at least, later I go watch showcase and realize that my howl of shame isnt´t that great :p )

Ender IO cables are amazing. You can put 4 types of cable in a single block (4 out of ME cable, RF cable, redstone cable, fluid cable and item cable) so it saves a HUGE deal of space. I use them a lot in my base and it really saves a lot of hassle in space.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Took me some time to try this out, and I love it! Best way ever to travel in my base.
Later then I will do some fany only optical elevator, but no need for any complicated redstone shit if you can just right click throught your hole base no matter if from badrock to top of my base :)

Seriously, if I wasn't completely lost without NEI and AE, EnderIO would take the top spot on my mods-I-nerver-want-to-play-without-again list :)
Unfortunately named anchors didn't make it into the 1.6 version, but I just got the github issue update that CrazyPants has implemented it for 1.7 :D

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, if I wasn't completely lost without NEI and AE, EnderIO would take the top spot on my mods-I-nerver-want-to-play-without-again list :)
Unfortunately named anchors didn't make it into the 1.6 version, but I just got the github issue update that CrazyPants has implemented it for 1.7 :D

Dunno if I´m talking about a other block then you, but I¨m on Monster 1.1.1 (MC1.6) and the anchors are in there and working just fine for me :)

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
They work fine, what I was referring to is a feature request some others and me posted so anchors can be named. My base has more than ten by now (probably close to 20) and for some it gets kinda hard to hit the right one, especially from some angles.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I am actually planning on using Enhanced Portals 3(part of Monster) and CC touch screens to simulate elevators. Enhanced portals allows me to hide portal frames as any other block, I can dial other portals on redstone signals or on direct CC interaction and the actual portal and particles can be hidden so there is no indication that you were actually "portalled".

You can find a discussion about it and further information about my project with them here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...and-guide-collection.42664/page-8#post-635583

I used the elevators for some time now but I don´t like them for long terms since I need a streight line and Ender IO is getting to much too.

So I want to get into this Idea wich one I think is the best out there.
Probelm= I have nearly no expirience in CC coding and it will take me ages to get a Toch screen work that dial the portal t owere I wan´t.
Is there any copy paste code out were I just have to edit the portal ID´s or any other nice guide to help me out?