Electrical Engine Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a quarry set up now, and I'd like to power it with IC power. I've constructed an electrical engine next to the quarry, and I've got a glass fibre cable running from my MFE to the electrical engine. But the electrical engine isn't producing, and when I right click it it says it has no fuel. Am I doing something wrong?

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
did you turn it on with a redstone signal?[DOUBLEPOST=1357515917][/DOUBLEPOST]also make sure the cable is connected to the output dot

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
yeah it's on, I got it working now, I had it connected to an input on the MFE :( Another problem has arisen though....the electrical engine seems to be storing the power and not outputting it to the quarry. Do I need to use a conductive pipe between them?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You shouldn't need to, as long as it is facing the quarry it should be powering it, it will still build up some power in itself though. Is the quarry not running at all? The thing about electrical engines is they run at 2 MJ/t by default and need to have circuit boards with upgrades on it to use more energy and produce more MJ/t

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
No need for a pipe really, just be sure that you dont conect it to the top of the quarry.

/manu

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, unless you have more than one EE your quarry will move at speeds slower than snail. Either upgrade your engine or add a few more (use pipes/conduits).

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
It's working fairly well with two EEs running with bronze electron tubes. I notice though that it moves a bit choppily...is that because of the energy conversion? I remember quarries running really smoothly (no matter how FAST they were moving) in Tekkit. Any way to get it to run smoothly? Would circuit boards help?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
The electrical engines don't use the tubes. You take a soldering iron and right click empty air with it and it opens a GUI that has an area to place the tubes on the left, when you have the tubes you want there you place a circuit board on the right side and it will use up the tubes and give that circuit board their effect which can then be placed in the EE on the left side. The open slot in the middle of the EE is for batteries so you can charge it without needing wires.

The Copper Tube is a choke decreases EU usage and MJ generation by 1. A circuit board can hold 1 of these.
The Tin Tube is boost I and increases EU usage by 7 and MJ generation by 2. A circuit board can hold 2.
The Bronze Tube is boost II and increases EU usage by 15 and MJ generation by 4. A circuit board can hold 2.
The Iron Tube is Efficiency I and decreases EU used by 1 and does not affect MJ generation. A circuit board can have 1 of these.

Each of the 3 boards can have a different number of tubes so you can't have everything. The Small can hold 1, medium 2, large 3.

The way quarries work has changed and will go extremely fast if you can supply enough MJ with the limit being something like 100 MJ I think. It will be choppy unless you can supply sufficient energy.