Eldritch Guardian question.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Valastro

Jul 29, 2019
So my (in)sanity is completely maxed out and I have not been attacked by Eldritch guardians. Am I doing something wron?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
What warp events are you getting? In 4 hours of gameplay on max warp I got 1 'something stirs in the fog' event.

Higher warp does not seem to make warp events any more common. Just increases the severity of events that can occur.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
There's also, evidently, a thing in recent versions of TC that makes warp events happen less frequently if you haven't gained any warp in a while. So the best way to get warp events to happen (but why?) might be to craft a flesh golem or something every once in a while to bump your warp up just a little bit to reset the frequency-reduction thing.

I'm not sure if doing warping things when you're already as warped as can be will reset the frequency thing, so your best bet at this point may actually be to periodically eat just enough soap to remove a bit of warp, then craft a flesh golem to get it back.

Now that I've mentioned that, it would probably work by gaining a bit of temporary warp as well. If you get your "sticky" warp almost maxed out, and fill up the last little bit with temporary warp (by visiting the Outer Realm, or whatever that place is called, perhaps), you can repeat later wipe out that temporary warp using only one bite of soap- much less than the bar or two that it takes to remove a bit of sticky warp. And it doesn't cost a block of zombie flesh to refill that warp, either.

Also, I managed to get a couple of guardian spawns in my testworld with no more warp than the sum of the permanent warp from all of the researches in TC, TT, Thaumic Exploration, Forbidden Magic, and maybe a couple more addons that I installed in my test instance. The bar on my sanity checker goes up a pixel or two past the top edge of the lower marker thing; I got rid of all the sticky warp by standing in a pool of bath salt and eating a bunch of soap.

In any case, the contents of this post may be entirely meaningless. This is all based off a few pages on the TC4 wiki, and I have neither done extensive testing nor looked at the actual code involved, so I may be completely wrong. And this frequency-reducing thing that I speak of may not even exist in the version you're using.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
If you can't get them to spawn in a warp event you can just hang out near a non crimson inhabited obelisk. Then again I am not sure if those guardians are the real thing.