Effiecient way to collect diamonds in D20 1.0.12

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DJ Flora

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all, I was wondering if there was a way to gather diamonds more efficiently and quicker than using a quarry, turtle, or pickaxe in the new D20 beta pack? I have found that EE3 is no longer in the pack :( and I am playing on a server so using dense ore age on mystcraft is out of the equation.. Has anyone found a way to gather them more efficiently?[DOUBLEPOST=1392075597][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: there should be a ? after the title...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
TiCo hammer with lots of redstone and a Flux Capacitor is my method of choice.

Reactions: RedBoss

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Something that I am really starting to enjoy is using a pick of the core just for its ore awareness and something fortune 3.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I typically go with a silk touch TiC pick until i get some fortune 3. Pulverizer gives 2 diamonds per ore, which is a lot better than i've ever gotten with fortune 2. It's amazingly beneficial early game. All you need is a decent villager for an emerald and a small cotton farm for the string.

DJ Flora

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame that the minimum stone is no longer in d20, it made it much easier to progress through the game.

Merendel

Jul 29, 2019
I'd second the tico hammer with either fortune 3 or silk touch. My prefered one is cobalt head/plates and thaum handle and just put on either lapis or the emerald, a battery/moss depending on preferance, and just pack it with redstone after that.

Also there is a dense ore like option without mystcraft. The deep dark (or underdark) dimension added by extra utilities has an ore density much higher than standard generation. I'm not sure how many dense ore pages it would be equivalent to but its very noticeable. Its just more dangerious than a dense ore age that has instability disabled.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo hammer with lots of redstone and a Flux Capacitor is my method of choice.
This. Even if you just make an iron hammer with a slime handle you should be good to go. In any modpack. Mining around level 12 with a TiCo hammer for 100 blocks in a straight line should yield at least 16+ diamonds.

I never liked getting diamonds from EE because iron is so valuable early on. I can honestly say that I've consistently been swimming in diamonds and flat broke on iron more often than not.

No one

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if direwolf20 pack has this as well,but in my pack I can use the minium stone to make 4 gold into a diamond

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if direwolf20 pack has this as well,but in my pack I can use the minium stone to make 4 gold into a diamond

Minium Stone= EE3= not in the pack :) Already stated above.

@TE you also can make coal to diamonds with IC2 compressor. It not early game and isn´t cheep but I think thats the only other way to get it.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Minium Stone= EE3= not in the pack :) Already stated above.

@TE you also can make coal to diamonds with IC2 compressor. It not early game and isn´t cheep but I think thats the only other way to get it.
Ah darn it, was gonna say this, but whatev. The ratio is one stack of coal to 1 diamond with some flint and obsidian, and more often than not, you won't need that much coal ever. Pretty tedious, but a good way to grab some early game diamonds.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry Bees also can produce diamonds.
Not sure if DW20 pack has Magic Crops, but there's a way to grow diamonds with that.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
You have MFR, so you could use laser drills. A few of those coupled with a Fortune 3 pick will give you endless diamonds.

You could also run an MFFS quarry (cube forcefield with "disintegrator" and "collector" modules), which can dig stuff up quite insanely fast if appropriately powered.

There are a few other options, but appropriately-powered, laser drills are my favourite for "insane resource generation". I set mine up thusly;

All Fortune-able ores were routed to a chest next to an MFFS forcefield projector with a Field Stabilizer Module. This projected the blocks, one at a time, in front of a Tool Dynamism Tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer, over an AE transition plane; I also had two backup wooden golems in the area to gather anything that smashed beyond the plane (and put it in chests equipped with an export bus).

All told, with three laser drills running (and three picks working constantly) I could barely keep up with the flow of materials.

Reactions: Padfoote

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
You have MFR, so you could use laser drills.

Also dont forget there are focus cores you can put into the MFR laser drill to increase the chances of specific ores showing up. The more of that same color you put in there, the higher the chance. There are lists online that tell you which specific ores each color effects. Alt you could test it in a creative world if your specific ore wasnt listed.

Reactions: Padfoote

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, I actually had most of my foci dedicated to nether quartz. Not that it mattered much at that rate of acquisition; I was building a massive tunnel lined with quartz blocks and I had way more than enough after a few days.

Left them in though just so I wasn't gathering quite as much coal and redstone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk