Effiecient way to collect diamonds in D20 1.0.12

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
TiCo hammer. All Stone, Diamond Tip, Three levels of Redstone. Now you can blow a 3x3 tunnel through the world rapidly, the longer you go, the faster you go. And with all the cobble you generate, you're never out of repair material. You can also sub in a single piece of lapis for the third level of redstone. It'll slowly accrue to Fortune 1, then 2, and 3.

Interestingly, if all you want are diamonds, you don't have to run turtles from the surface. Excavate works perfectly well from level 16.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo hammer with silk touch and RotaryCraft extractor -> 5 diamonds per ore = stack of diamonds in couple of minutes ;)

Hammer whatever you want, my OP hammer is cobalt-steel-cobalt with thaumium handle, silk touch and 4x redstone. Better bring some bags to collect the insane amount of blocks you mine in a short amount of time.

VestigeOfHope

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo hammer. All Stone, Diamond Tip, Three levels of Redstone. Now you can blow a 3x3 tunnel through the world rapidly, the longer you go, the faster you go. And with all the cobble you generate, you're never out of repair material. You can also sub in a single piece of lapis for the third level of redstone. It'll slowly accrue to Fortune 1, then 2, and 3.

Interestingly, if all you want are diamonds, you don't have to run turtles from the surface. Excavate works perfectly well from level 16.
I was doing something similar to this with netherak tools. Just take a repair station with you and a stack of whatever cheep (and ideally stonebound) material with you while you mine