Ebony wood

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shane_C

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone seen Ebony wood? where do you find it? it looks awesome and would like to find it. :)

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, they don't appear to be implemented in the game in any way. I believe it is added by Forestry (not 100% sure), but the developer has not finished the trees. There's actually several wood blocks added, that have varying degrees of implementation. Larch wood, for instance, can be found in Village houses. Here's the list: Acacia (Alternate), Balsa, Baobab, Boojum, Cherry, Chestnut, Ebony, Kapok, Larch, Lime, Mahogany, Palm, Sequoia, Teak, Walnut.

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
ExtraBiomesXL actually adds Acacia too, so there's one double..

I hope the Forestry developers realise that.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you are running one of the latest versions of forestry, you can cross-breed trees and get the different species. (similar to bees). From what I've seen, you need different types of trees near each other, and apiaries with bees nearby. The leaf blocks will randomly mutate (red spots on the leaf blocks). When you break the leaf blocks, you will have a chance for a mutated sapling of a different species.

You use a treealyzer on the saplings to see their genetic makeup.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Their is good news as you can find the new saplings in random loot chests but they are a bit rare and last I checked the mindcrack pack as well as the direwolf one has forestry 1.7 included which has the tree breeding implemented. So you can breed trees by keeping your bees near trees and looking for odd leaf blocks that will randomly appear which even more randomly will give saplings.

Also note the system is not fully implemented but it should be possible for you to breed the type of tree you want with a bit of luck.