Easiest way to sort quarried items early on?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
Before you have enough ingredients for DSU's or ME system what is the easiest way to auto sort items so you can quarry while afk/away from quarry.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Logistic pipes mekanisms pipe project red they all work nearly the same but lap takes diamonds to start up

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
I will have to take a look into this. Accually now that I have nearly infiniate power thanks to ender ocean and crystallizer setup with ender generators im lookin into a mass fab and replicator to get missing mats for ME/DSU but im missing some of the EU machines needed to finish making them so working on upgrading my gen to semi fluid and getting other EU machines atm

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I will have to take a look into this. Accually now that I have nearly infiniate power thanks to ender ocean and crystallizer setup with ender generators im lookin into a mass fab and replicator to get missing mats for ME/DSU but im missing some of the EU machines needed to finish making them so working on upgrading my gen to semi fluid and getting other EU machines atm
I dont understand. If you are at a level on considering making Mass fabricator/scanner/replicator setup, then you should have plenty of resources to set up a ME network.
I usually just rush the ME network directly before having a Quarry. Bit of manually mining with proper tools and you will have plenty mats for a basic network in no time.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on your quarry & storage setup, easiest (and relatively cheap) would probably be BC diamond pipes.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
This is exactly why I never run a quarry before I've made an ME storage network. Otherwise I'd be on the forums asking questions like the OP's. :D

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Just have itemducts or pipes of somesort filter into a bunch of barrels

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zilvarwolf

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
This if you are in 1.7.10
java 2014-10-22 19-58-07-08.jpg

or use extra utilities nodes and pipes.

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
1.64 Monster this world is like 2 days old. no cheats on survival from scratch. Id have to say im doin well got lucky with ender ocean and another mystcraft age with lots of large oil spouts I got lucky early in my manual mining and got enough diamonds for quarry and refinery.

I got a few hundred buckets of fuel refined in a couple drums, I got my fluid crystalizer making ender pearls with the liquid ender which is powering some ender generators.

Since now I can make infinite RF with the ender gens burning pearls im gonna mass fab. I just built my first mass fab still gotta build the Replicator and right now im working on the converter bridge/rf consumer/eu producer.

Reactions: Vasa

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
Well with all the items in the game these days its a lot to sort out. unfortunately I didn't think about it when I set up this new world. should have disabled the geo strata mod to cut down on the junk. I prefer DSUs but they are a pain with tesseracts. I made 2 tesseracts recently to power my quarry from my Resonant Energy Cell.

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little update, I switched over to the laser drill (MFR) which is working much better. Right now I think im generating with ender pearls and burning with the laser about 180 million EU per hour 24/7 atm. Also was a bit bored so I started processing about 800 combined uranium/yellorite/pitchblend ores I got my hands on into Uranium Fuel Rods I think when its all done ill have somewhere north of 3500 of them.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest? Use whatever pipes you like best to destroy the cobblestone, then send the rest into a pile of double chests.

If you have iron, you could alternate hoppers and double chests for easy bulk storage.

Then come back the next day and sort it manually.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest? Use whatever pipes you like best to destroy the cobblestone, then send the rest into a pile of double chests.

Noooo... not if you have those Bedrockium Drums installed... keep that cobble but compress it down because you will need a lot of triple- and quadruple-compressed cobblestone for those. Once compressed (in a basic crafting table), it takes up almost no room.

If you don't know what Bedrockium Drums are... nevermind. :)

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Noooo... not if you have those Bedrockium Drums installed... keep that cobble but compress it down because you will need a lot of triple- and quadruple-compressed cobblestone for those. Once compressed (in a basic crafting table), it takes up almost no room.

If you don't know what Bedrockium Drums are... nevermind. :)
It's still easier to void it, then make a cobblestone generator later.