Easiest way to sort quarried items early on?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
First I send everything in a single sorting chest. Then I pump everything from this chest to a line of chest with itemducts. This allow the item to stacks in the first avalaible inventory so they stack somewhat properly and take less space. I need about 6 iron chest in that line. They are technicaly "unsorted" but it's easy to find what you look for in those few chests. It temporary before the ME system so it's a good compromise... Then from the other side I pump all those chest via itemduct into a white listed chest which only accept cobblestone and dirt. And that chest is then pumped into empty barels (which fill like they want...).

I do this this odd way because it's quick and you build it by steps. I start the sort as soon as i can find tin and lead for itemduct. I drop all in a single chest and the stacks get together as soon as day 2. And when I realize I need to manage the cobblestone excess it's already all in my chests. maybe there is an even better way... hmmm...

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Before you have enough ingredients for DSU's or ME system what is the easiest way to auto sort items so you can quarry while afk/away from quarry.

Just extrautilities pipes with a filter.. The filter is an actual item you have to craft and then put into one of the slots of the pipes for it to use that filter, if you need more filtering then you can put filters inside filters to expand the list of filtering :p